Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Connecting To Remote Library when a NAS is used

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 4 months ago #923

markc1975

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

I am new to YACReader, however I have tried many comic readers in the past and have a large collection of ecomics.

Anyway, when connecting to my Library via the iOS app, I get the error 'Server Not Found'.

I can browse my library locally on my Mac via Safari, and have disabled the firewall when connecting from the iPad. The app detects the IP Address OK by scanning the QR Code, and even picks up the name of my library.

At the top of the remote library screen I get the following message:

'HTTP/1.1 200 OK Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Set-Cookie: sessionid={fea...}; Max-Age=86400; Path=/; Version=1'

I get this same error when trying the app on my iPhone as well. If I click 'Reload' it disappears, however it times out with the error 'Server Not Found'.

If it helps, all my ecomics are located on a NAS on my home network, not on my Mac. I have pointed YACReaderLibrary at my NAS folder in order to create the library. Should the comics be on my Mac instead?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1006

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

I totally missed your post, sorry for the late response.

You can use your NAS with YACReaderLibrary. Is your library created succesfully? I mean, can you browse it and see all your covers fine?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1058

jethoman

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I have this same problem, and would love suggestions. I have in the mean time, just setup my NAS to backup my comic folder to an external hard drive weekly so I can use that to have my YAC Library serve from the usb hard drive. It works but it means that I have to have a usb hard drive hanging off my computer anytime I want to import comics to my ios app.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1061

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I suppose that for some reason YACReaderLibrary can't access to the NAS. As I asked before, are you able to browse the library in your NAS using YACReaderLibrary? I mean, can you see all the folders, covers, etc?

Did you try if this still happens with YACReader 8.0 beta?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1062

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I really want to solve this NAS issue before the final 8.0 relase, but I am going to need some help for finding where the problem is.

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1070

jethoman

Fresh Boarder

Luis,

I did update to the YAC Library 8 beta. The issue persists. I can sometimes get the library to load up in my webbrowser on my computer, but the iPad/iPhone still just says server not found. The YAC Library seems to crash after a while of doing this. Not sure if that is related.

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1077

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Could you tell me what NAS do you have and how are you accessing it from your MacOSX?

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1078

jethoman

Fresh Boarder

Sure thing, I am using a Netgear ReadyNas Duo, and I connect to the comicbook share by mounting the share as a volume.

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1079

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have set up a NAS in my network just for testing this issue. I am using Samba protocol and everything is working fine.

This is how I am connecting to the NAS:
  1. Finder->Go->Connect to Server...
  2. Server Address: smb://mynas/comics . '/comics' is a volume in my nas, if you don't specify any volumes, then MacOSX ask for selecting one.

Are you using AFP instead of SMB?

I really need to reproduce the problem for being able to fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jethoman

Connecting To Remote Library 9 years 2 months ago #1082

jethoman

Fresh Boarder

Hmm..I am using afp to connect let me try with smb.
  • Page: