- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Zoom on Reader
- ksherman777
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 9 months ago #935
by ksherman777
Zoom on Reader was created by ksherman777
Hi, so I was just wondering if it were possible to make it a little easier to zoom in 10%-20% increments on the reader for Macs? Having previously used ComicRack and Simple Comic, one of the most used features for me was being able to slightly zoom in with ease, since a computer screen isnt the most ideal for reading comics. I dont know how hard it would be, but a "pinch-to-zoom" would be the most ideal if that were possible. But regardless, there is currently no way to just easily zoom in on a page, something like "ctrl ^" or "ctrl +" which would zoom it in a little would be awesome. Idk if you have ever used Simple Comic but that reader is very lightweight and easy to use and has some pretty good features.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 9 months ago #936
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Zoom on Reader
Hi ksherman777,
the only feature that currently does something like zooming is the fit to width percentage. All you have to do is moving the slider thats hidden in a submenu under "fit to width". You can also use the zoom lens.
That being said I'm also not too fond of these two options. Imho, zoom should be a universal function that works in all display modes. I have played around a bit in YACReaders zoom/scale code and currently have the bare metal basics of a "fit to screen" zoom and a universal zoom with ctrl and + - in place. However, this isn't ready for inclusion yet. YACReader is currently undergoing some internal changes to carter retina displays and I need to make sure not to screw up things.
I'm currently waiting for the Qt 5.4 deployment on ArchLinux so that I can finally simulate retina on my machine. As soon as I'm sure my code is working as intended I'll talk to Luis about inclusion and user interface.
Long story short: It is possible and I want to make it happen, but no ETA yet and Luis has the last word about it
the only feature that currently does something like zooming is the fit to width percentage. All you have to do is moving the slider thats hidden in a submenu under "fit to width". You can also use the zoom lens.
That being said I'm also not too fond of these two options. Imho, zoom should be a universal function that works in all display modes. I have played around a bit in YACReaders zoom/scale code and currently have the bare metal basics of a "fit to screen" zoom and a universal zoom with ctrl and + - in place. However, this isn't ready for inclusion yet. YACReader is currently undergoing some internal changes to carter retina displays and I need to make sure not to screw up things.
I'm currently waiting for the Qt 5.4 deployment on ArchLinux so that I can finally simulate retina on my machine. As soon as I'm sure my code is working as intended I'll talk to Luis about inclusion and user interface.
Long story short: It is possible and I want to make it happen, but no ETA yet and Luis has the last word about it
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ksherman777
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ksherman777
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #937
by ksherman777
Replied by ksherman777 on topic Zoom on Reader
Cool! Yea no rush or anything, just figured I'd put it out there for anyone else that feels the same way. For me, the zoom to fit screen is too much zoom for me haha. But yea, as long as you guys know wassup then thats cool, thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 9 months ago #938
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Zoom on Reader
As selfm has said the only option right now is the "fit to width feature". I will be glad to merging the new features as soon as the will be ready.
Gestures such as pinch, swipe or pan were scheduled for YACReader 8.0. Sadly, there is a bug in Qt affecting some of this gestures QTBUG-42707 . Right now I am not sure if I will be able to find a workaround before the bug will be fixed.
Gestures such as pinch, swipe or pan were scheduled for YACReader 8.0. Sadly, there is a bug in Qt affecting some of this gestures QTBUG-42707 . Right now I am not sure if I will be able to find a workaround before the bug will be fixed.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 9 months ago #979
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Zoom on Reader
I've send my first draft to Luis for inspection. Luis is a thourough checker, so give it some time till all bugs are sorted out and the interfaces are to his liking. Depending on how much work is left to be done it may or may not make it in the next YACReader release, so please don't be sad if it doesn't.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel