Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

YacReader Library Giving Unknown Error

  • silvershot
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #8681 by silvershot
YacReader Library Giving Unknown Error was created by silvershot
I just updated my library (have been using this daily since February), and now, when I open the app, I get this pop-up:


When I click "OK," The library window opens, but my library is grayed out. The library drive is still mounted, and all the files and folders still exist on the drive.

I tried deleting the YacReader folder in Application Support, and re-added the library, but I still get the same error. Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #8682 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader Library Giving Unknown Error
Where is exactly the library (external drive, network share…)? I think the app can’t open the database for some reason…

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • silvershot
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #8683 by silvershot
Replied by silvershot on topic YacReader Library Giving Unknown Error
It’s on an SD Card. Where does the database usually exist, and what is the file name? I may be able to get a backup. If I reimport my library, will I lose all my metadata and tags?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #8690 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader Library Giving Unknown Error
The db is in the same folder your content is. If you create a library in /MyComics the app creates a folder /MyComics/.yacreaderlibrary with all the files needed…So no, metadata is not lost unless that folder is deleted.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!