- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Can't c
- kerdual
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 10 months ago #9073
by kerdual
Can't c was created by kerdual
Bonjour everybody, and thank you for this real gem that is Yacreader, I've happily payed for it 
Now.
I have been using it for quite a long time
YacreaderLibrary on a mac, + yacreader on the iMac or yacreader app on several iOS devices (phone, iPad).
Those devices where connected this way :
Import
Pick a method
YacReaderLibrary
Scanning the QR code
and it worked like a charm.
Recently (sorry, I can't be more specific), it won't connect and I have the following message :
Error
Could not connect to the server
<Close> <Reconnect>
I've search the forum but can't seem to find the answer.
Are there logs I can find to know what's happening on the iMac ? the iPad ?
My settings :
- MacOS Sonoma 14.7 (23H124)
Sorry if this is to broad or as been already answered
Now.
I have been using it for quite a long time
YacreaderLibrary on a mac, + yacreader on the iMac or yacreader app on several iOS devices (phone, iPad).
Those devices where connected this way :
Import
Pick a method
YacReaderLibrary
Scanning the QR code
and it worked like a charm.
Recently (sorry, I can't be more specific), it won't connect and I have the following message :
Error
Could not connect to the server
<Close> <Reconnect>
I've search the forum but can't seem to find the answer.
Are there logs I can find to know what's happening on the iMac ? the iPad ?
My settings :
- MacOS Sonoma 14.7 (23H124)
Sorry if this is to broad or as been already answered
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9074
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can't c
Check this:
You can start testing localy (in your mac) using a web browser and typing http://your_ip:port/webui to see if the server is actually working, then do the same in other devices. Can you see the web? If not something is blocking your connections or the ip:port you are using are wrong.
- Wrong connection data, check that you are using the actual IP of the device where the server is running. The IP can change in your network if it is not configure statically. And also double check the port number, when the server starts it needs that the port is free and not in use by any other server.
- Devices not in the same network. If your wifi has satelites (or access points) make sure they allow communication between devices connected to different nodes.
- A firewall could be blocking your connection.
- The client apps need permission to access your local network, if iOS or Android ask about it you should allow the app to connect to other devices in your LAN.
- Router is using some isolation mode and doesn't allow communication between devices.
You can start testing localy (in your mac) using a web browser and typing http://your_ip:port/webui to see if the server is actually working, then do the same in other devices. Can you see the web? If not something is blocking your connections or the ip:port you are using are wrong.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel