Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Unable to view WEBP comics in lastest YACReader

  • bharting
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9184 by bharting
In YacReader 9.15.0.2501014 for the Mac, if I try to open a CBR or CBZ with WEBP files, I get a "Comic not found" error.

This is on an M1 Pro based MacBook Pro running Sequoia 15.1.1 (24B91).

Thanks,
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9185 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view WEBP comics in lastest YACReader
Check the system info in the help dialog, is webp listed there under APP INFORMATION/Image formats supported, if so, there must be other problem.

Send me the file if you can.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9187 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view WEBP comics in lastest YACReader
I am having no issues opening comics with webp images on macos with the latest version. How did you install it? Is it the official dmg file?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bharting
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9188 by bharting
I do not see WEBP listed in the supported formats.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Qt version: 5.15.16
Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-lp64
build CPU architecture: x86_64
CPU architecture: x86_64
Kernel type: darwin
Kernel version: 24.1.0
Product info: macOS 15.1

APP INFORMATION
Image formats supported: bmp, cur, gif, heic, heif, icns, ico, jp2, jpeg, jpg, pbm, pdf, pgm, png, ppm, svg, svgz, tga, tif, tiff, wbmp, xbm, xpm
Compression backend: 7zip
PDF support: PDFKit

GRAPHIC INFORMATION
Screen pixel ratio: 2
OpenGL version: 2.1 desktop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bharting
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9189 by bharting
Yes, I installed via the official dmg file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9190 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view WEBP comics in lastest YACReader

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bharting
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9192 by bharting
I was putting together an email with more info, and a link to an example cbz file, when I noticed something in the system info:

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Qt version: 5.15.16
Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-lp64
build CPU architecture: x86_64
CPU architecture: x86_64
Kernel type: darwin
Kernel version: 24.1.0
Product info: macOS 15.1

APP INFORMATION
Image formats supported: bmp, cur, gif, heic, heif, icns, ico, jp2, jpeg, jpg, pbm, pdf, pgm, png, ppm, svg, svgz, tga, tif, tiff, wbmp, xbm, xpm
Compression backend: 7zip
PDF support: PDFKit

GRAPHIC INFORMATION
Screen pixel ratio: 2
OpenGL version: 2.1 desktop

That is listing the CPU as x86_64. I am running an M1 Pro chip, and I remembered you went with a universal build some time ago.

I ran a mac system report to get app details, and sure enough, the app kind was Intel instead of Universal or Apple Silicon.

YACReader:

Version: 9.15.0
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 1/1/25, 8:24 AM
Kind: Intel
Signed by: Developer ID Application: LUIS ANGEL SAN MARTIN ROD (9B6KKVW3WM), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Location: /Applications/YACReader.app

YACReaderLibrary:

Version: 9.15.0
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Last Modified: 1/1/25, 8:24 AM
Kind: Intel
Signed by: Developer ID Application: LUIS ANGEL SAN MARTIN ROD (9B6KKVW3WM), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
Location: /Applications/YACReaderLibrary.app

I regrabbed the dmg file from the site, and there, the app type was indeed showing it was universal, so I reinstalled.

Now YAC Reader shows it is universal, it is still showing the same version number (9.15.0.2501014), here is the current reported System Info:

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Qt version: 6.3.1
Build ABI: arm64-little_endian-lp64
build CPU architecture: arm64
CPU architecture: arm64
Kernel type: darwin
Kernel version: 24.1.0
Product info: macOS 15.1

APP INFORMATION
Image formats supported: bmp, cur, gif, heic, heif, icns, ico, jp2, jpeg, jpg, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, svg, svgz, tga, tif, tiff, wbmp, webp, xbm, xpm
Compression backend: 7zip
PDF support: PDFKit

GRAPHIC INFORMATION
Screen pixel ratio: 2
OpenGL version: 2.1 desktop

It is arm64 now, QT is 6.3.1 instead of 5.15.16, and webp is listed. Most importantly, I can open WEBP files again.

Is it possible the dmg file was replaced on the app within the last two days? If not, I somehow grabbed the intel only, QT5 build. I'm not sure how, as I always download from www.yacreader.com/downloads as opposed to the github page.

Anyway, the issue has been corrected on my machine. I'm not sure what happened, but there is a possibility this was a PEBCAK problem on my end. (PEBCAK: Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • bharting
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9193 by bharting
I just posted my long reply, and saw your "qt6 version" reply immediately after.

Thank you,
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9194 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to view WEBP comics in lastest YACReader
I have been doing changes in the web so it could be that I messed up the download links, anyway, the Qt5 version should include webp support, I need to see where the problem is in the build pipeline.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #9960 by kingrobt
This isn’t your Mac , it’s very likely the current YACReader build. Version 9.15 has had some issues with WEBP files inside CBZ/CBR archives on Apple Silicon Macs. That “Comic not found” error usually means it fails to read the images inside the archive. Fully quit YACReader and reopen it to see if it was just a library hiccup. You can also try removing and re-adding the comic to your library. If that doesn’t work, extract one of the CBZ/CBR files and check if the WEBP images open normally in Preview. If they do, then the problem is definitely YACReader’s WEBP handling. Right now the most reliable fix is rolling back to version 9.14, which didn’t have this issue. Otherwise, converting the WEBP images to JPG/PNG and re-zipping the comic works as a temporary workaround. it’s not anything wrong on your end — just a compatibility bug in the latest version.
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by kingrobt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!