- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Running Into Issue Creating Library
- s0nkin
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 4 days ago #9676
by s0nkin
Running Into Issue Creating Library was created by s0nkin
Hello,
I am using a Synology NAS system on my Mac OSX - I've previously created libraries using a local drive. The comics folder on my NAS is fairly big but it has just finished adding comics. However, I'm seeing it "stuck" now that it has finished scanning. To be clear, the application hasn't crashed or frozen, the yellow bar above the [Stop] button remains pulsing - I am letting it sit for a bit, as perhaps it's finalizing some backend imaging/indexing step (i'm only moderately tech savvy, I apologize) - but I am wondering if it's running into an issue because of it being on an NAS drive? The drive is available on the file system as a networked drive, and it had no issue scanning and adding - it's just not finalizing this last step, seemingly?
https://postimg.cc/G86mrqQc i've attached this link of my screen - any help here would greatly be appreciated!
I am using a Synology NAS system on my Mac OSX - I've previously created libraries using a local drive. The comics folder on my NAS is fairly big but it has just finished adding comics. However, I'm seeing it "stuck" now that it has finished scanning. To be clear, the application hasn't crashed or frozen, the yellow bar above the [Stop] button remains pulsing - I am letting it sit for a bit, as perhaps it's finalizing some backend imaging/indexing step (i'm only moderately tech savvy, I apologize) - but I am wondering if it's running into an issue because of it being on an NAS drive? The drive is available on the file system as a networked drive, and it had no issue scanning and adding - it's just not finalizing this last step, seemingly?
https://postimg.cc/G86mrqQc i've attached this link of my screen - any help here would greatly be appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 4 days ago #9677
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Running Into Issue Creating Library
How did you mount the volume? You can try to create a test library with a small folder to see if the app finishes.
If you have a NAS it is probably faster to use the Docker image hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver and then just use YACReaderLibrary on mac for reading/browsing and editing metadata.
If you have a NAS it is probably faster to use the Docker image hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver and then just use YACReaderLibrary on mac for reading/browsing and editing metadata.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- s0nkin
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 4 days ago #9679
by s0nkin
Replied by s0nkin on topic Running Into Issue Creating Library
I followed the Synology setup - I use it for my Plex server with virtually no issues beyond occasional re-indexing needed
I tested it with a singular folder with a few CBRs from my NAS and it worked so it looks like it could be related to size?
I am wondering now, if I had let the YAC Library app continue after it got to the end of the library if it would have eventually finished...
This is definitely frustrating - its a pretty large folder - maybe 200gb or so - but I'd hope it would work
I tested it with a singular folder with a few CBRs from my NAS and it worked so it looks like it could be related to size?
I am wondering now, if I had let the YAC Library app continue after it got to the end of the library if it would have eventually finished...
This is definitely frustrating - its a pretty large folder - maybe 200gb or so - but I'd hope it would work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 4 weeks ago #9685
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Running Into Issue Creating Library
Since there is a sqlite database involved performance can degrade over network, there are some final steps in the update/create process that are heavy on the database, that could explain the app taking longer. If you can setup everything on your NAS, create the library there, and do the updates too to see if it's faster and it finishes correctly. If it works you can open the library with YACReaderLibrary and reading or updating metadata shouldn't be a problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel