- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Multi-select folders for metadata download
- Tahini
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 months 5 days ago #9934
by Tahini
Multi-select folders for metadata download was created by Tahini
Hi,
I might have an ultimately flawed expectation of how things work in YACReader... But for the love of all that is sacred I cannot understand how to batch download the metadata for all my series, or at least for a good chunk of them.
On MacOS app I can only download metadata for one or all issues or a single series by double-clicking on the folder icon and then selecting all issues, right-click 'Download tags...'.
But I cannot select multiple folder, i.e. multiple series. I tried in every way I could think of, none of the solutions Gemini AI proposed is working. I cant even select a single issue in the library's root folder view.
I can only open it by double-clicking. There is no visual indication that a folder is been 'Selected' , i.e. i dont see the blue frame around the folder that instead I see for the files ( = issues) within that folder.
Is it really so that I can only download metadata one serie at a time? I find it hard to believe it...
I might have an ultimately flawed expectation of how things work in YACReader... But for the love of all that is sacred I cannot understand how to batch download the metadata for all my series, or at least for a good chunk of them.
On MacOS app I can only download metadata for one or all issues or a single series by double-clicking on the folder icon and then selecting all issues, right-click 'Download tags...'.
But I cannot select multiple folder, i.e. multiple series. I tried in every way I could think of, none of the solutions Gemini AI proposed is working. I cant even select a single issue in the library's root folder view.
I can only open it by double-clicking. There is no visual indication that a folder is been 'Selected' , i.e. i dont see the blue frame around the folder that instead I see for the files ( = issues) within that folder.
Is it really so that I can only download metadata one serie at a time? I find it hard to believe it...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 5 days ago #9935
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Multi-select folders for metadata download
It only works like that.
Batching would only save you a a few clicks per series as the process involves searching and manually selecting the right series from Comic Vine.
I’ll try to improve the workflow in the future.
Batching would only save you a a few clicks per series as the process involves searching and manually selecting the right series from Comic Vine.
I’ll try to improve the workflow in the future.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Tahini
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 months 5 days ago #9936
by Tahini
Replied by Tahini on topic Multi-select folders for metadata download
Thank you for your answer.
If that's the case, considering my comic library size I think updating all the metadata will take over a month of manual work
I was hoping it would be a lot simpler like in Calibre, where when editing multiple books' metadata at once there is only one dialogue and with right/left arrows the user can move to the next/previous book in the operation.
Not a huge improvement but def an improvement.
If that's the case, considering my comic library size I think updating all the metadata will take over a month of manual work
I was hoping it would be a lot simpler like in Calibre, where when editing multiple books' metadata at once there is only one dialogue and with right/left arrows the user can move to the next/previous book in the operation.
Not a huge improvement but def an improvement.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel