- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
- JManga
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 months 1 day ago #9941
by JManga
How do I toggle seeing nested folders? was created by JManga
I'm on the latest YACReader library (9/16/3).
In my setup, I have multiple libraries and some of these libraries have nested folders.
Library A - (10 items in this folder)
Library A - SubFolder 1 (5 items in this folder)
Library A - SubFolder 2 (5 items in this folder)
Library B - (10 items in this folder)
Library B - SubFolder 1 (5 items in this folder)
Library B - SubFolder 2 (5 items in this folder)
I noticed that Library A shows thumbnails of its subfolders. Showing 12 thumbnails in total.
Library B doesn't show the thumbnails of its subfolders. Showing 10 items in total. I was checking to see how I could resolve this, and they said that there was a toggle setting in the View menu options in the top menu bar to "Show Folders" or something like that but this doesn't exist. I'm assuming this was from an older version..?
I tried clicking around looking for a way to toggle this, but I don't quite see it. Anybody know of a solution?
In my setup, I have multiple libraries and some of these libraries have nested folders.
Library A - (10 items in this folder)
Library A - SubFolder 1 (5 items in this folder)
Library A - SubFolder 2 (5 items in this folder)
Library B - (10 items in this folder)
Library B - SubFolder 1 (5 items in this folder)
Library B - SubFolder 2 (5 items in this folder)
I noticed that Library A shows thumbnails of its subfolders. Showing 12 thumbnails in total.
Library B doesn't show the thumbnails of its subfolders. Showing 10 items in total. I was checking to see how I could resolve this, and they said that there was a toggle setting in the View menu options in the top menu bar to "Show Folders" or something like that but this doesn't exist. I'm assuming this was from an older version..?
I tried clicking around looking for a way to toggle this, but I don't quite see it. Anybody know of a solution?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 months 6 minutes ago #9946
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
You can only see folders or comics. If a folder contains comics the view will display comics only when you select it. YACReaderLibrary doesn’t have a view that can display comics and folders at the same time.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JManga
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
7 months 4 weeks ago #9947
by JManga
Replied by JManga on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
Hi. Thank you for chiming in.
In my setup, I have multiple libraries set up, most of them with nested subfolders that I can see in the Folders pane below the Libraries pane. In 2 of my libraries, I cannot see the covers of the folders. But in the rest of them, I can see a cover for each of the folders.
Apologies if I'm not explaining this well but in my instance (and in the example I provided in the original post), I have both Library A and Library B with separate display behaviors, one showing covers for the folders and the other does not.
In my setup, I have multiple libraries set up, most of them with nested subfolders that I can see in the Folders pane below the Libraries pane. In 2 of my libraries, I cannot see the covers of the folders. But in the rest of them, I can see a cover for each of the folders.
Apologies if I'm not explaining this well but in my instance (and in the example I provided in the original post), I have both Library A and Library B with separate display behaviors, one showing covers for the folders and the other does not.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 months 4 weeks ago #9949
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
Please post some screenshots.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JManga
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
7 months 2 weeks ago #9957
by JManga
Replied by JManga on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
I found a screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve.
In this example, the main window of this person's view displays the contents of the "F+SF" folder. In the main window, there's a "stack" of covers, where the first one labeled "1949", which maps to the subfolder labeled 1949, i.e. "F+SF > 1949".
https://classicsofsciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/yacreader-directory.png?w=720
I get the same effect in a few of my libraries, but not in other libraries. I'm looking for a toggle or an option to enable this.
In this example, the main window of this person's view displays the contents of the "F+SF" folder. In the main window, there's a "stack" of covers, where the first one labeled "1949", which maps to the subfolder labeled 1949, i.e. "F+SF > 1949".
https://classicsofsciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/yacreader-directory.png?w=720
I get the same effect in a few of my libraries, but not in other libraries. I'm looking for a toggle or an option to enable this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 months 2 weeks ago #9958
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
Just create folders and subfolders. If a folder contains both comics and subfolders only the comics will be shown and the subfolders need to be accessed from the sidebar.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sidney-eliot
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 2
2 months 3 weeks ago #10154
by sidney-eliot
Replied by sidney-eliot on topic How do I toggle seeing nested folders?
Could you guys please make the folder also visible in the view and not only sidebar when alongside just comics.
The reason this is great to have is for one-shot comics, another way of solving this could also be to allow for folders with a specific name like "oneshot", to be recognized as a one-shot folder and then put on top level alongside the folders with full comic series.
The reason this is great to have is for one-shot comics, another way of solving this could also be to allow for folders with a specific name like "oneshot", to be recognized as a one-shot folder and then put on top level alongside the folders with full comic series.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel