- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Performance Issues/organization advice
- betapi1674
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #9980
by betapi1674
Performance Issues/organization advice was created by betapi1674
Hello! Long time user first time poster! First I want to say I do love the apps for MacOS and iOS, I've been reading comics on my iPad for years and generally it's amazing! However, I'm starting to run into issues around performance of library updates on YACReader Library, as I have a very large collection of comics.
Here's my setup: Mac Mini M2 running YRL connected via wifi to my home network. Home network also has a Synology NAS hard wired to the network that houses my collection. My Comics libary is structured like this:
Lirbary 1 (Publisher 1)
> Series 1
> Series 2
.
.
.
>Series N
Library 2 (Publisher 2)
> Series 1
.
.
.>Series N
So I have 6 total Libraries in the server, but a couple of them in particular have 1k+ series sub folders, and in total maybe 20k+ individual comics? honestly I don't know, I've never counted! But it's massive. When I try to update the publisher libraries (even when only adding a handful of new titles) the system just hangs, sometimes crashes, or takes a very long time to update. The smaller libraries usually update just fine, but the big ones never seem to work the first time.
Do you have any advice? Am I just out of luck since my collection is so large? Or is there a better way to organize my libraries?
Thanks in advance!
Here's my setup: Mac Mini M2 running YRL connected via wifi to my home network. Home network also has a Synology NAS hard wired to the network that houses my collection. My Comics libary is structured like this:
Lirbary 1 (Publisher 1)
> Series 1
> Series 2
.
.
.
>Series N
Library 2 (Publisher 2)
> Series 1
.
.
.>Series N
So I have 6 total Libraries in the server, but a couple of them in particular have 1k+ series sub folders, and in total maybe 20k+ individual comics? honestly I don't know, I've never counted! But it's massive. When I try to update the publisher libraries (even when only adding a handful of new titles) the system just hangs, sometimes crashes, or takes a very long time to update. The smaller libraries usually update just fine, but the big ones never seem to work the first time.
Do you have any advice? Am I just out of luck since my collection is so large? Or is there a better way to organize my libraries?
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 months 2 weeks ago #9981
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Performance Issues/organization advice
You can run YACReaderLibraryServer directly in your NAS using the official Docker image, then you can perform the updates locally without hitting the network. You can still use YACReaderLibrary for browsing and updating metadata, the iOS app can connect directly to the NAS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel