- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Yac Reader does not open CBR files
- Klaxxon
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 4 months ago #1372
by Klaxxon
Yac Reader does not open CBR files was created by Klaxxon
I installed Yac Reader (7.20) on my rebuilt iMac with OS 10.5. I can open and read PDFs, but I cannot open CBZ files. Any attempt results in two error dialog windows;
Error 1 - 7z not found
Error 2 - unable to load 7z lib from ./utils
Let me know what other additional information I can provide.
Thanks.
Error 1 - 7z not found
Error 2 - unable to load 7z lib from ./utils
Let me know what other additional information I can provide.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1377
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yac Reader does not open CBR files
The current .dmg available is not compatible with your OSX version. You have to compile YACReader yourself, the code should be compatible with OSX 10.5, but I am not sure if it will work fine.....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- m0ng
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1684
by m0ng
Replied by m0ng on topic Yac Reader does not open CBR files
I've actually just downloaded this software and have encountered this problem with some of my comics.
I'm running mac os x 10.10.4, please can any one explain what I must do to make these comics compatible or fix this issue somehow?
Many thanks
I'm running mac os x 10.10.4, please can any one explain what I must do to make these comics compatible or fix this issue somehow?
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1687
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Yac Reader does not open CBR files
They are either in the rar5 format or you have discovered a bug 
You can make them compatible by renaming them to .rar, extracting them and recompressing them. If that doesn't help, send one of the comics to Luis so he can reproduce your problem.
Also check if they are password protected and remove the protection if they are
You can make them compatible by renaming them to .rar, extracting them and recompressing them. If that doesn't help, send one of the comics to Luis so he can reproduce your problem.
Also check if they are password protected and remove the protection if they are
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel