- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Help and support for MacOSX users.
'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
6 years 5 months ago #5138
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Chrostowski, do you have the library in a NAS too? or is it a local library? How big is it? I made changes in the code for optimizing how the server works with large libraries, so the issue hasn’t been ignored. I don’t get this problem with the shared library I have (using samba).
I will try to replicate the same infrastructure here to see if I can reproduce the problem. I will like to put my hands in one of those libraries to do some testing, the one I got from other user looked corrupted so I couldn’t do much with it.
I will try to replicate the same infrastructure here to see if I can reproduce the problem. I will like to put my hands in one of those libraries to do some testing, the one I got from other user looked corrupted so I couldn’t do much with it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- vmouralacerda
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #5280
by vmouralacerda
Replied by vmouralacerda on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Same error here. "Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary". I also use NAS. I created two different librarys, one was compounded of a single folder, the other was compounded of several folders. Actually, the first library was a folder of the second. I tryied to open the same file. On the first library, I opened the file and it worked perfectly. The second, although, occurred this error "Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary". Can it be fixed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 4 months ago #5281
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Before I can fix this I need to replicate it.
So I need details about the setup, the library, etc.
What NAS are you using? How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? how big is your library? how many folders are in the root? how did you create your library? If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary.
So I need details about the setup, the library, etc.
What NAS are you using? How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? how big is your library? how many folders are in the root? how did you create your library? If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- vmouralacerda
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #5282
by vmouralacerda
Replied by vmouralacerda on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
What NAS are you using? PERSONAL CLOUD - SEAGATE
How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? I ACCESS MY NAS WITH FINDER, IT IS CONNECTED ON MY WI-FI ROUTER
how big is your library? 730,38 GB
how many folders are in the root? IT HAS 44 FOLDERS, PLUS SUBFOLDERS
how did you create your library? I SELECTED THE OPTION TO DO IT ON THE + BUTTON, ON THE LEFT SUPERIOR CORNER OF THE APP
If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary. CAN I EMAIL IT? WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL?
How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? I ACCESS MY NAS WITH FINDER, IT IS CONNECTED ON MY WI-FI ROUTER
how big is your library? 730,38 GB
how many folders are in the root? IT HAS 44 FOLDERS, PLUS SUBFOLDERS
how did you create your library? I SELECTED THE OPTION TO DO IT ON THE + BUTTON, ON THE LEFT SUPERIOR CORNER OF THE APP
If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary. CAN I EMAIL IT? WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #5283
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Use the contact section in this web, or the help section in the ios app to get the email.
44 folders on the root is nothing....
It could be how the remote folder is mounted in you mac.
I will try to replicate your setup and see what is going on.
BTW, in the email, send me the whole path to the .yacreaderlibrary. To use the exact same path here.
44 folders on the root is nothing....
It could be how the remote folder is mounted in you mac.
I will try to replicate your setup and see what is going on.
BTW, in the email, send me the whole path to the .yacreaderlibrary. To use the exact same path here.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- theonik
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #5470
by theonik
Replied by theonik on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
I am having this same issue. It started happening a few weeks ago and would resolve after a library update and restart of the app but now it looks like the library is gone. I always fails after the same amount of time so maybe it's timing out somehow?
This is very inconvenient and basically means I have to open items in my library manually by viewing the file location and opening then marking them as read by hand after the fact… Any solution would be very much appreciated.
This is very inconvenient and basically means I have to open items in my library manually by viewing the file location and opening then marking them as read by hand after the fact… Any solution would be very much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mark750
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #5838
by Mark750
Replied by Mark750 on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Is there a fix to that issue? Got the same error when I try to connect with the iPad.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel