Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Issue selecting libraries

Issue selecting libraries 8 years 4 months ago #1910

leigha

Fresh Boarder

Hi! I've been using this program since I started reading comics earlier this year, and it's always worked really well. However, I've been having a weird problem for a while now. Whenever I try to open one of my libraries, for the first few everything works fine, but as I gradually move down the list clicking on the name of the library itself doesn't work, and instead, I have to click on the third or fourth down from the name for the library I want to open to open.

This is essentially what's happening:
[Library]
[Library]
[Library that is selected]
[Library]
[Library]
[Library]
[Library I click on]

Now, this was initially just a minor inconvenience that I learned to work my way around, but as I continued to create more libraries, the gap in-between where I clicked and the library that was selected just grew larger and larger, and now my last 9 libraries are completely inaccessible as I just don't have any further to click and clicking outside of the library section doesn't work.

I believe that this may just be an issue of space in the library section -- it seems to have a set length but no scroll, so the more libraries I add the more squished together the titles appear to be (especially coming down to the end) but the program doesn't recognize this, so where I need to click to access it is where it would have been if it was spaced out properly... aaand then the overflow is just rendered inaccessible.

I think this problem could be easily remedied if the sections were able to expand as long as they needed and a scrollbar was added, but I'm not sure if that's what's supposed to happen and my version is just messing up? Help would be really appreciated!
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by leigha.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue selecting libraries 8 years 4 months ago #1914

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Why do you have so many libraries?

You should create a single library in your top level comics folder, and let YACReaderLibrary manage your subfolder by you?

The libraries widget is not scrollable, but the folders one will let you scroll and browse a huge number of folders. Basically you will have the same list that you have now, but in the section bellow libraries list.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Issue selecting libraries 8 years 2 months ago #2064

raiderheel9304

Fresh Boarder

I have this same problem, but when I attempt to have one (very large) library, YAC crashes part way through import. The only workable option was to have many smaller libraries. How can I get YAC to import my large library cleanly. Also, is there a way to select only certain folders under the main directory for import?

Issue selecting libraries 8 years 2 months ago #2074

Luis Ángel

Administrator

raiderheel9304, where do you have your comics?

Are you using the latest version of YACReader?

BTW, I am going to release (hopefully) this weekend a build of YACReader 8.5 for testing, it should be great if you try to create a single library with it a see if it works properly.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: raiderheel9304

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2314

raiderheel9304

Fresh Boarder

I finally got around to downloading the new build, deleting all my old libraries (remember I had dozens because if I tried to load my entire collection as one library the Yac always crashed about a third of the way through the import) and tried to add my entire collection as a single library again. To no avail. Just like before the app crashed about a third of the way through the import.

I love the app and would prefer to use it over ComicBookLover, but since I can not load my collection as a single library, and cannot load each folder as an individual library (because it causes me to be unable to select libraries that are further down the list as described by a post above) YAC is unable to work for me. I really hope you can fix this problem and make the app the best comic reader and collection organization tool on the market. Good luck and let me know if you make progress.

Thanks, Brian

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2315

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Again, where do you have your comics stored? are they in an external hard-drive? a NAS?

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2316

raiderheel9304

Fresh Boarder

They are on my internal hard drive. I've attached the error message.

File Attachment:

File Name: YACReaderL...rash.rtf
File Size:110 KB

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2317

raiderheel9304

Fresh Boarder

I think perhaps one of my files is disagreeing with the import. Unfortunately, I have no way of excluding subdirectories under my larger comic directory in order to find out exactly where the problem lies. Perhaps that could be a perk for a future version of YACLibrary; a way to choose which subdirectories you want to add under the main library. This might also allow you to take multiple sub directories of one publisher and a library and select all of the sub directories of another publisher's titles to make a second library, while keeping all of the larger comic library intact.

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2318

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Try this. Rename your current Comics folder, f.e. Comics_old, then create a new folder for them Comics. Create a library in that new folder. Then move folders from Comics_old to Comics bit by bit (10% each time f.e.), update the library after moving a bunch of folders/comics. This way you will be able to find if there is a problem with some of your comics.

Thanks for the error log, I will try to add additional checks for preventing this crash. But it would really useful to find what it going on here for fixing it properly. Thanks for your help.

Issue selecting libraries 7 years 11 months ago #2325

raiderheel9304

Fresh Boarder

I added folders one at a time until I found the three that would not import. I have no idea why. The good news is YAC is now working wonderfully with my very large library with the exception of 3 titles that just would not work.
  • Page: