Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Issue selecting libraries

  • leigha
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #1910 by leigha
Issue selecting libraries was created by leigha
Hi! I've been using this program since I started reading comics earlier this year, and it's always worked really well. However, I've been having a weird problem for a while now. Whenever I try to open one of my libraries, for the first few everything works fine, but as I gradually move down the list clicking on the name of the library itself doesn't work, and instead, I have to click on the third or fourth down from the name for the library I want to open to open.

This is essentially what's happening:

[Library]
[Library]
[Library that is selected]
[Library]
[Library]
[Library]
[Library I click on]


Now, this was initially just a minor inconvenience that I learned to work my way around, but as I continued to create more libraries, the gap in-between where I clicked and the library that was selected just grew larger and larger, and now my last 9 libraries are completely inaccessible as I just don't have any further to click and clicking outside of the library section doesn't work.

I believe that this may just be an issue of space in the library section -- it seems to have a set length but no scroll, so the more libraries I add the more squished together the titles appear to be (especially coming down to the end) but the program doesn't recognize this, so where I need to click to access it is where it would have been if it was spaced out properly... aaand then the overflow is just rendered inaccessible.

I think this problem could be easily remedied if the sections were able to expand as long as they needed and a scrollbar was added, but I'm not sure if that's what's supposed to happen and my version is just messing up? Help would be really appreciated!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by leigha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #1914 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issue selecting libraries
Why do you have so many libraries?

You should create a single library in your top level comics folder, and let YACReaderLibrary manage your subfolder by you?

The libraries widget is not scrollable, but the folders one will let you scroll and browse a huge number of folders. Basically you will have the same list that you have now, but in the section bellow libraries list.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2064 by raiderheel9304
Replied by raiderheel9304 on topic Issue selecting libraries
I have this same problem, but when I attempt to have one (very large) library, YAC crashes part way through import. The only workable option was to have many smaller libraries. How can I get YAC to import my large library cleanly. Also, is there a way to select only certain folders under the main directory for import?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2074 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issue selecting libraries
raiderheel9304, where do you have your comics?

Are you using the latest version of YACReader?

BTW, I am going to release (hopefully) this weekend a build of YACReader 8.5 for testing, it should be great if you try to create a single library with it a see if it works properly.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: raiderheel9304

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2314 by raiderheel9304
Replied by raiderheel9304 on topic Issue selecting libraries
I finally got around to downloading the new build, deleting all my old libraries (remember I had dozens because if I tried to load my entire collection as one library the Yac always crashed about a third of the way through the import) and tried to add my entire collection as a single library again. To no avail. Just like before the app crashed about a third of the way through the import.

I love the app and would prefer to use it over ComicBookLover, but since I can not load my collection as a single library, and cannot load each folder as an individual library (because it causes me to be unable to select libraries that are further down the list as described by a post above) YAC is unable to work for me. I really hope you can fix this problem and make the app the best comic reader and collection organization tool on the market. Good luck and let me know if you make progress.

Thanks, Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2315 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issue selecting libraries
Again, where do you have your comics stored? are they in an external hard-drive? a NAS?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2316 by raiderheel9304
Replied by raiderheel9304 on topic Issue selecting libraries
They are on my internal hard drive. I've attached the error message.

File Attachment:

File Name: YACReaderL...rash.rtf
File Size:110.1 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2317 by raiderheel9304
Replied by raiderheel9304 on topic Issue selecting libraries
I think perhaps one of my files is disagreeing with the import. Unfortunately, I have no way of excluding subdirectories under my larger comic directory in order to find out exactly where the problem lies. Perhaps that could be a perk for a future version of YACLibrary; a way to choose which subdirectories you want to add under the main library. This might also allow you to take multiple sub directories of one publisher and a library and select all of the sub directories of another publisher's titles to make a second library, while keeping all of the larger comic library intact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2318 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Issue selecting libraries
Try this. Rename your current Comics folder, f.e. Comics_old, then create a new folder for them Comics. Create a library in that new folder. Then move folders from Comics_old to Comics bit by bit (10% each time f.e.), update the library after moving a bunch of folders/comics. This way you will be able to find if there is a problem with some of your comics.

Thanks for the error log, I will try to add additional checks for preventing this crash. But it would really useful to find what it going on here for fixing it properly. Thanks for your help.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2325 by raiderheel9304
Replied by raiderheel9304 on topic Issue selecting libraries
I added folders one at a time until I found the three that would not import. I have no idea why. The good news is YAC is now working wonderfully with my very large library with the exception of 3 titles that just would not work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!