- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Building on YACReaderLibrary
- jakanapes
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #2070
by jakanapes
Building on YACReaderLibrary was created by jakanapes
Finally got around to trying to build locally on my mac.
Pulled in unarr and fixed the unarr.pro file and am able to get the YACReader built and working.
When I try to run the Makefile for the library, however, I get an odd error:
../custom_widgets/yacreader_table_view.cpp:343:32: error: use of undeclared identifier 'cos'
starPolygon << QPointF(0.5 + cos((i * angle)-pi/2) * r, 0.5 + sin((i * angle)-pi/2) * r);
It complains about sin as well.
I see math.h included, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong here.
Pulled in unarr and fixed the unarr.pro file and am able to get the YACReader built and working.
When I try to run the Makefile for the library, however, I get an odd error:
../custom_widgets/yacreader_table_view.cpp:343:32: error: use of undeclared identifier 'cos'
starPolygon << QPointF(0.5 + cos((i * angle)-pi/2) * r, 0.5 + sin((i * angle)-pi/2) * r);
It complains about sin as well.
I see math.h included, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 8 months ago #2071
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Building on YACReaderLibrary
On a first glance this looks like a missing header for me. Not sure what triggers it in your case but we had some regressions related to this in combination with Qt 5.5. Try adding "#include math.h" to yacreader_table_view.cpp and see if it fixes your problem. If it persists, have a look at the compileOSX.sh script to see how Luis builds his binaries and add the unarr config option.
For a better diagnosis you'll have to wait until Luis can have a look at it (I have no mac).
For a better diagnosis you'll have to wait until Luis can have a look at it (I have no mac).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jakanapes
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 8 months ago #2072
by jakanapes
Replied by jakanapes on topic Building on YACReaderLibrary
That did the trick, but I'm sure I've got a dependency issue somewhere if people are compiling w/out needing to do that.
The math headers are included in the yacreader_flow_gl headers. Maybe a dependency ordering issue?
Has the codebase been built against Qt5.5.1?
The math headers are included in the yacreader_flow_gl headers. Maybe a dependency ordering issue?
Has the codebase been built against Qt5.5.1?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 8 months ago #2073
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Building on YACReaderLibrary
I don't think you've got a dependency issue. The problem here is that math.h used to be pulled in as a dependency of another include, so it wasn't added as an include to the tableview. I can only speculate what triggered this change but the core problem is that we forgot to add math.h to that file 
Afaik Luis compiles his binaries with Qt 5.5 and p7zip, so the process is slightly different. We've had a few people compiling YACReader on Linux, but I don't think we had someone doing it on mac yet so it isn't too strange that you run into a bit of trouble.
Btw, I'm kind of interested how the combination with unarr is working out for you on mac. Luis an I did lot's of test to ensure that that decompression backend is good for daily use but he never deployed it on mac or windows
Afaik Luis compiles his binaries with Qt 5.5 and p7zip, so the process is slightly different. We've had a few people compiling YACReader on Linux, but I don't think we had someone doing it on mac yet so it isn't too strange that you run into a bit of trouble.
Btw, I'm kind of interested how the combination with unarr is working out for you on mac. Luis an I did lot's of test to ensure that that decompression backend is good for daily use but he never deployed it on mac or windows
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2077
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Building on YACReaderLibrary
jakanapes, the build system for OSX needs some love.
Basically I use two types of build systems. While I am developing YACReader I use Qt Creator for building it, I add extra steps to the Qt Creator's build config so after compiling and creating the .app Qt Creator copies all the needed stuff into the .app bundles.
For releasing I use the compileOSX.sh script.
And yes, I am using p7zip as backend for compressed file, I didn't test unarr in OSX yet.
Basically I use two types of build systems. While I am developing YACReader I use Qt Creator for building it, I add extra steps to the Qt Creator's build config so after compiling and creating the .app Qt Creator copies all the needed stuff into the .app bundles.
For releasing I use the compileOSX.sh script.
And yes, I am using p7zip as backend for compressed file, I didn't test unarr in OSX yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 8 months ago #2081
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Building on YACReaderLibrary
There you have it 
Don't worry about unarr, using it as a static backend should work fine.
Don't worry about unarr, using it as a static backend should work fine.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel