Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Refreshing covers?

More
9 years 7 months ago #3027 by DP812
Refreshing covers? was created by DP812
Hi, just picked up YACReaderLibrary after CBL ceased development and became too laggy to work with. So far, I'm enjoying it, but I've noticed a problem with updating folders.

Several of the comics in my library have the wrong image as the cover. Sometimes due to poor filenaming by the scanner, sometimes because the scanner insisted on putting the credit page at the front of the file. So I've opened the archive and made sure the images were named properly (or removed the offending page).

But when I update the folder in YACRL, I still see the same old image. I've tried restarting the program and updating the folder again, but that didn't solve the problem. I thought then I'd delete the comics, but that deleted them from my disk as well (and they don't appear in the trash folder) so now I've got to get those ones back.

Is there an easier way to tell YACRL to refresh the cover images? Because just updating the folder doesn't seem to do the trick at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3033 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Refreshing covers?
There is a easy way to tell YACReaderLibrary what cover has to use for an issue.

Click in the "edit comic info" button, and then use the arrow buttons in the cover for choosing the right cover for your comic, no need to change anything in the comic file.


Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3036 by DP812
Replied by DP812 on topic Refreshing covers?
Thanks, I found that after I posted this and it's been very helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3039 by DP812
Replied by DP812 on topic Refreshing covers?
Aside from the cover selection tool, is there a way to refresh covers? I've got several files that are a few hundred pages and for some reason, YACRL sets the cover as the last page so it takes a while to manually select. I renamed the files in the archive but YACRL still shows the previous version. So far, the only workaround I've found is copying the comics to a different folder, deleting the originals, then moving the copied files back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!