Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Refreshing covers?

Refreshing covers? 7 years 1 month ago #3027

DP812

Fresh Boarder

Hi, just picked up YACReaderLibrary after CBL ceased development and became too laggy to work with. So far, I'm enjoying it, but I've noticed a problem with updating folders.

Several of the comics in my library have the wrong image as the cover. Sometimes due to poor filenaming by the scanner, sometimes because the scanner insisted on putting the credit page at the front of the file. So I've opened the archive and made sure the images were named properly (or removed the offending page).

But when I update the folder in YACRL, I still see the same old image. I've tried restarting the program and updating the folder again, but that didn't solve the problem. I thought then I'd delete the comics, but that deleted them from my disk as well (and they don't appear in the trash folder) so now I've got to get those ones back.

Is there an easier way to tell YACRL to refresh the cover images? Because just updating the folder doesn't seem to do the trick at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Refreshing covers? 7 years 1 month ago #3033

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

There is a easy way to tell YACReaderLibrary what cover has to use for an issue.

Click in the "edit comic info" button, and then use the arrow buttons in the cover for choosing the right cover for your comic, no need to change anything in the comic file.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Refreshing covers? 7 years 1 month ago #3036

DP812

Fresh Boarder

Thanks, I found that after I posted this and it's been very helpful.

Refreshing covers? 7 years 1 month ago #3039

DP812

Fresh Boarder

Aside from the cover selection tool, is there a way to refresh covers? I've got several files that are a few hundred pages and for some reason, YACRL sets the cover as the last page so it takes a while to manually select. I renamed the files in the archive but YACRL still shows the previous version. So far, the only workaround I've found is copying the comics to a different folder, deleting the originals, then moving the copied files back.