Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Remote Library - Connection Error,

More
9 years 3 months ago #3218 by vasx
I am so pissed off because I have wasted over 6 hours trying to find the solution without writing a bloody post and wasting my entire day off for a PAID piece of software.

The application (iPad mini) and the YACReader Library (Windows 10) was working fine for 1 week and now is busted.

I have reinstalled the software on both devices, the software has access on my anti virus (Kaspersky). I deleted Kaspersky just to try get it to work, nothing. I give all access on windows firewall. Does not work. I scan the bar code. Does not work. Restart the devices, does not work.

How can you sell something that does not work? I am now with 0 internet protection and still does not connect. They are both on the same Internet.

So disgusted and all the time I have wasted. I even research to find the same problem and no responses....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3219 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library - Connection Error,
"doesn't work" is something relative...but your case is exceptional for sure. The iOS/YACReaderLibrary integration is the feature I use most, and it works.

What version of YACReaderLibrary are you using? 8.5? latest developer version?

Follow this steps:

1- Open "Server connectivity information"
2- Be sure that "enable server" is checked.
3- There is a combo with a ip address, roll down the combo, how many IP addresses do you have there? If you have more that one you have to choose the one sharing the network with your iPad. What are those IPs or IP numbers.
4- What's the port number?
5- What's the IP adress of you iPad

With YACReaderLibrary open, open your web broser and type http://your_ip:your_port in the address bar, you should see a list of your libraries if everything is configured properly.

Next step is to repeat the same process using safary in your iPad.

Let me know whick of those steps fail.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3297 by mcpierce
Replied by mcpierce on topic Remote Library - Connection Error,
I have a similar problem to the OP but for one difference: it's never worked for me.

My setup is:

* Windows 10 (named threshold, IP:192.168.1.84) - running YACReaderLibrary 8.5.0
- Firewall turned off
- Browser on the computer can access the server via port 8080 using the machine's IP address
- No other computer on my network can access the server via port 8080
* All other computers CAN ping the machine by name and IP address just fine
- In the server settings, the drop down only shows one IP address for the computer
* The computer has VirtualBox installed and YACReaderLibrary would take THAT address
* I had to disable the VirtualBox network interface to get YACReaderLibrary to use the right one
* Whatevever network interfaces are enabled, YACReaderLibrary only puts one in the dropdown.

* iPad 2 Mini - running YACReader (latest, can't get the version off the app)
- It keeps showing the IP address 192.168.2.84 when I go into the browse setting.
* Even though I keep changing it, it keeps showing it again the next time I try to change it
- It constantly times out trying to connect to my server
- As with the other computers in our house, it can't connect to port 8080 on the server.
* I CAN access anything other thing (file shares, etc.) on the server, so it does see it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3299 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Remote Library - Connection Error,
@mcpierce

the iOS app only remembers connection data that has worked at least one time, so it is funny to see that particular ip in the app if it never worked for you.

Could you open cmd and type ipconfig? I would like to see all the network interfaces that you have available.

Could you please try to use another port instead of 8080? I mean set it first in the server config dialog in YACReaderLibrary and after that try to connect using the new port in the ios app.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3300 by mcpierce
Replied by mcpierce on topic Remote Library - Connection Error,

Luis Ángel wrote: @mcpierce

the iOS app only remembers connection data that has worked at least one time, so it is funny to see that particular ip in the app if it never worked for you.


I agree. I'm not sure where it even came from, but when I first setup the iOS app I scanned the QRcode shown on my laptop.

Luis Ángel wrote: Could you open cmd and type ipconfig? I would like to see all the network interfaces that you have available.


Sure thing:
Code:
Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e509:18d0:3bf1:bee3%15 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : attlocal.net IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:c0b7:7c5c:7a9b:26e0 Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:5cb6:5cf8:1af4:ff2a Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:d809:dedb:7c79:e223 Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:ec2c:bc22:cda4:ecd1 Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c0b7:7c5c:7a9b:26e0%14 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.84 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::d6b2:7aff:fe65:8ff9%14 192.168.1.254 Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Luis Ángel wrote: Could you please try to use another port instead of 8080? I mean set it first in the server config dialog in YACReaderLibrary and after that try to connect using the new port in the ios app.


I've done that. I changed it 18181 after posting my original message and that had no affect on things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!