- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Run as Standard User
- BG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 9 months ago #3543
by BG
Run as Standard User was created by BG
When I try to run YACReaderLibrary from a Standard User account in Windows 7 and then browse the library from an iPad, YACReaderLibrary on the Windows machine crashes. It only works if I am running YACReaderLibrary from an Administrator account.
Why is this and how can I ensure that YACReaderLibrary can be run from a Standard User account. I want to avoid having to run this from an Administrator account.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Why is this and how can I ensure that YACReaderLibrary can be run from a Standard User account. I want to avoid having to run this from an Administrator account.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 9 months ago #3544
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run as Standard User
Hi BG,
welcome to the forum.
I need to investigate this issue, you are not doing anything wrong, the server should work from a regular account.
Thanks for reporting this.
BTW, could you try YACReader 9 and see if the problem persists? You can find here: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...r-9-0-0?limitstart=0
welcome to the forum.
I need to investigate this issue, you are not doing anything wrong, the server should work from a regular account.
Thanks for reporting this.
BTW, could you try YACReader 9 and see if the problem persists? You can find here: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...r-9-0-0?limitstart=0
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #3546
by BG
Replied by BG on topic Run as Standard User
Hi Luis and thank you for the fast reply.
I have installed YACReader 9 and the problem persists. Thank you for looking into this! I'm very keen to see this issue resolved!
I have installed YACReader 9 and the problem persists. Thank you for looking into this! I'm very keen to see this issue resolved!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 8 months ago #3560
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run as Standard User
Hi,
I could replicate the problem in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10.
I need to find what is going on here, but I can't assure you that this will be fixed before the final 9.0.0 release.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
I could replicate the problem in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10.
I need to find what is going on here, but I can't assure you that this will be fixed before the final 9.0.0 release.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: BG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #3629
by BG
Replied by BG on topic Run as Standard User
Thank you, Luis! I will wait for the 9.0.0 release. Do you have a mailing list or other way of notifying users when it is available?
Thank you again!
Thank you again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel