- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Exporting Comic Metadata
- mcpat_rick
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 years 1 month ago #4725
by mcpat_rick
Exporting Comic Metadata was created by mcpat_rick
Hey all,
I was wondering if there was a way to export comic metadata so that it stays with the file itself in the event it gets removed from YACReader. I've been going through my collection and manually entering in the metadata for some comics because I noticed some error from Comicvine and figured I was better off just manually entering it but I don't want to lose all my hard work.
Thanks.
I was wondering if there was a way to export comic metadata so that it stays with the file itself in the event it gets removed from YACReader. I've been going through my collection and manually entering in the metadata for some comics because I noticed some error from Comicvine and figured I was better off just manually entering it but I don't want to lose all my hard work.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
7 years 1 month ago #4726
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Exporting Comic Metadata
Hi,
Metadata is stored in your library, there is a hidden folder called .yacreaderlibrary, and there is a data base there where everything is stored.
So, if your comics are in C:\MyComics, the metadata is stored in C:\MyComics\.yacreaderlibrary, so far YACReaderLibrary never deletes metadata even if you delete a comic.
I would like to implement a way to share metadata between users, so we could keep a global, decentralized, data base. But that could be a huge project on its own.
Metadata is stored in your library, there is a hidden folder called .yacreaderlibrary, and there is a data base there where everything is stored.
So, if your comics are in C:\MyComics, the metadata is stored in C:\MyComics\.yacreaderlibrary, so far YACReaderLibrary never deletes metadata even if you delete a comic.
I would like to implement a way to share metadata between users, so we could keep a global, decentralized, data base. But that could be a huge project on its own.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcpat_rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mcpat_rick
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 month ago #4727
by mcpat_rick
Replied by mcpat_rick on topic Exporting Comic Metadata
Thank you! I'm at ease that the metadata won't disappear.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel