- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Windows users.
9.6.2.2008257 feels faster
- AngeloB
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #5383
by AngeloB
9.6.2.2008257 feels faster was created by AngeloB
This beta version starts up much faster than the latest official version. It takes like 3 seconds to open, while before it could take around 20 seconds. Before I thought it was because my library is on a USB hard drive and it goes to sleep automatically to save energy, so I had to wait for it to waken from sleep when YAC Reader was trying to access it to launch and display the library. But even if I closed it and re-launched, it would take more time to launch than now.
Importing new comics also feels faster, although just slightly.
I don't know if you did optimizations in this version or if the last one was bad installation on my part, but I'm enjoying this new beta version's performance.
Importing new comics also feels faster, although just slightly.
I don't know if you did optimizations in this version or if the last one was bad installation on my part, but I'm enjoying this new beta version's performance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 1 month ago #5390
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic 9.6.2.2008257 feels faster
We did some updates to the internal server code, logging code and fixed a bunch of bugs in the database code. We expected that this would give us better stability, but it is possible we did gain some speed too. It is also possible that this is caused by a newer version of the Qt toolkit we use for YACReader.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel