Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: 9.6.2.2008257 feels faster

9.6.2.2008257 feels faster 3 years 7 months ago #5383

AngeloB

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

This beta version starts up much faster than the latest official version. It takes like 3 seconds to open, while before it could take around 20 seconds. Before I thought it was because my library is on a USB hard drive and it goes to sleep automatically to save energy, so I had to wait for it to waken from sleep when YAC Reader was trying to access it to launch and display the library. But even if I closed it and re-launched, it would take more time to launch than now.

Importing new comics also feels faster, although just slightly.

I don't know if you did optimizations in this version or if the last one was bad installation on my part, but I'm enjoying this new beta version's performance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

9.6.2.2008257 feels faster 3 years 7 months ago #5390

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

We did some updates to the internal server code, logging code and fixed a bunch of bugs in the database code. We expected that this would give us better stability, but it is possible we did gain some speed too. It is also possible that this is caused by a newer version of the Qt toolkit we use for YACReader.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.