- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Windows users.
Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder?
- AngeloB
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #5385
by AngeloB
Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder? was created by AngeloB
Sometimes I have to to some corrections of my comic files, but if I update the folder, it doesn't update the changed comic. For example, I noticed a graphic novel was 130 pages and I knew that was wrong. I found out it was missing a chapter, so I got it and added it to the comic file. I've also changed the cover (the first image of the file). I've updated the folder, and it still shows the outdated information (previous cover and previous page count).
The only way I found to fix this, was to take away the comic from that folder, update folder and move back the comic and update folder again. Only then YAC will actually think that updated file is a new file and scan it.
I guess this behaviour is to make it faster, so that when you add a file to a folder, it won't scan every single file again. But maybe there could be an option to make a new full update (maybe clicking to update while pressing a keyboard button?).
Is this possible/worth it for you to implement?
The only way I found to fix this, was to take away the comic from that folder, update folder and move back the comic and update folder again. Only then YAC will actually think that updated file is a new file and scan it.
I guess this behaviour is to make it faster, so that when you add a file to a folder, it won't scan every single file again. But maybe there could be an option to make a new full update (maybe clicking to update while pressing a keyboard button?).
Is this possible/worth it for you to implement?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 1 month ago #5389
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder?
Yeah, that's the reason, make updates faster. The app just compares file names. And yes, this should be added at some point. I can't give you an ETA though.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 1 month ago #5391
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder?
If I recall this correctly we also compare the first few bytes of the file, but in many cases that is not enough to detect a change.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel