Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: YACReader library blank screen when starting

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5450

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

since today (2 days ago it was working fine) the YACReaderlibrary.exe is starting with a blank screen, first white, then black and when black stating "Not Responding".

The library is located on a NAS. YACReader itself is the 64 bit version, running on the latest edition of Windows 10 2004 with all the updates...

What can i do to make this work again without going through the tremendous work of starting all over again?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5451

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Is the NAS available when you start YACReaderLibrary? Can you access the folder where you have your comics using the files explorer?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5453

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

Hi thank you for the reply. Yes, the nas is reachable. I have tried to rename the database with .bak to see if yacreader library would start then. But it seems yacreader by itselves renamed back the .bak file and still starts with a blang screen.

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5454

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

Well, i have completely uninstalled YACReader including deleting registry items and installed again. Now it works again, but yeah, all the tags are lost. So the comics are visible but the collection isn't connected anymore to the comics synced to the ipad... So reading progress now only is visible on the ipad.

I there a way to restore the tags and reading progress from the ipad to the library?

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5455

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Did you recreate the library? the library data shouldn't be gone by just uninstalling the app because it is stored in the root folder of the library.

Anyway, you can syncback from iOS to YACReaderLibrary. In the iOS app do: Import -> PC -> Sync
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5456

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

Thank you for the quick reply! it seems yacreader created a new library.ydb file really fast because the covers folder was still there. But the library seems new, all the tags including the ones i had set manually (mostly dutch comics which aren't on comic vine) are gone.

Only the covers and file names are back and syncing as you described above doesn't do anything on the PC side.

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5457

Luis Ángel

Administrator

that is weird, I wonder if that library is fine...

the ios app should be able to send the reading progress back

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5458

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Stupid question, but nonetheless: Did you rename your .bak files back? If not, YACReader will just create a new library file just as you described.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5459

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

Well nu, i didn't rename it back, yacreader did this itself, after which i still got the blank screen. after that i removed library.ydb file completely, and yacreader still hangs. Only after completely removing yacreader, including all the registry items it yacreader started again. But in the process it seems it created the library as new (although the comic book files are exactly the same as before).

Because the folder with covers was still there this creation of a new library was going really fast (at least it think it was because of that)...

YACReader library blank screen when starting 3 years 6 months ago #5460

Bartype

Fresh Boarder

But ok, is there a way to sync reading progress and the like back to a new library if this has exactly the content files as the old one?
  • Page: