Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: New User - Library Generating Issue

New User - Library Generating Issue 3 years 5 months ago #5485

el_domingo

Fresh Boarder

Hello -

New user of the app but excited about it. I just updated from my obsolete Windows 7 running machine to a brand new desktop model. I was having issues with the old computer that the Library program would crash whenever I opened it. I assumed it was a problem with my out of date hardware but the same thing is happening on this computer. Whenever I try to populate the library it starts running no problem and then eventually just stops. No error message, no indicator at all, just stops. Whatever had been added in that session doesn't remain but if I stop it incrementally, those will be in the library.

It could be some odd setting on this new computer but I would love to find a way to correct.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-j
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New User - Library Generating Issue 3 years 5 months ago #5490

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

hmmm, it sound to me that there are something in the library that is making the app crash, it would be useful to find what is it and fix the problem for the next release.

Create a small library and the try to add folders bit by bit until you find which one is causing troubles, then try to see which comic or comics in that folder make the app crash. Then, please, send it to me.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

New User - Library Generating Issue 3 years 5 months ago #5496

el_domingo

Fresh Boarder

I kept and eye on it and periodically stopped it and it all ultimately uploaded. I am scanning the folders now to see if there are an issues or fragments that could have caused the problem.

Out of curiosity is there a way to permanently connected the library to the app without having to rescan the link code? I love the interface but am having to rescan each time I take a break from reading. My hope was that it would work as long as the computer was running like the home network I set up for my video and music libraries to my other devices.

Thanks for your prompt response.

New User - Library Generating Issue 3 years 5 months ago #5497

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

It really depends on your network configuration, if the ip of the computer changes you need to rescan the qr code, you can configure your router to always assign the same ip to your computer. If the ip is always the same, and what changes is the port, open the server configuration dialog (same place where the QR is) in YACReaderLibrary and set it to a port that is not used by any other servers in your system.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\