- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
Help and support for Windows users.
YAC server at login as a service?
- middle_pickup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
4 years 9 months ago #6431
by middle_pickup
YAC server at login as a service? was created by middle_pickup
Is it possible to run the server at boot as a windows service, or do you have to run the whole YAClibrary app to run the server? I see a server.exe in the install folder. I'd like to keep it running 24/7 with as little system impact possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6439
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAC server at login as a service?
Yeah, you can do it, IIRC someone posted how to do it time ago, using the headless server. But YACReaderLibrary includes a setting to start it in the system tray, and the footprint in terms of performance or RAM should be negligible. That's how I have it configured.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 9 months ago #6448
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic YAC server at login as a service?
I actually landed on this config, and I'm happy with it. I'm only seeing like a couple hundred MB RAM utilization in the background. It's more than fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel