- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
how do I configure the library to sort by filename
- webbie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 11 months ago #7163
by webbie
how do I configure the library to sort by filename was created by webbie
the library no longer seems to sort by file name - I am clearly not doing things correctly any help would be greatly appreciated
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago #7164
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
It sorts by file name (both files and folders) by default, but it will sort by issue number if a comic has assigned an issue number. Is this the case? If so, edit the comic and delete the number.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oncelost
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #7170
by oncelost
Replied by oncelost on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
You mean that we'll have to edit ALL the metadatas from our libraries? That's crazy.
How can I revert back to the previous version of YACreader?
How can I revert back to the previous version of YACreader?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7171
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
what I am trying to do to understand what is going on, and why your sorting is wrong and how it ended that way.
going to a previous version won’t help
going to a previous version won’t help
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webbie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #7173
by webbie
Replied by webbie on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
Yes it appears to have added numbers and titles
when I delete the library and re-create it - they return - how do I bulk edit the metadata?
when I delete the library and re-create it - they return - how do I bulk edit the metadata?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago #7174
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
It seems that those files include a xml metadata file and YACReaderLibrary is getting the metadata from there. Can you double check that the xml file is inside?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago #7180
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
Check this dev build. I have added a feature to remove all the metadata in the selected comics.
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...s/tag/9.10.0.2210242
Select all -> right click -> Delete metadata.
Not sure why you have all those different comics in the same folder though.
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...s/tag/9.10.0.2210242
Select all -> right click -> Delete metadata.
Not sure why you have all those different comics in the same folder though.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webbie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #7185
by webbie
Replied by webbie on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
I tried installing the new version and it now fails to launch as per asttachment
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 11 months ago #7186
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
Use the non Qt6 installer.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- webbie
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #7189
by webbie
Replied by webbie on topic how do I configure the library to sort by filename
thanks - I did use the non qt6 installer - i uninstalled first than ran the installer again - worked this time
the delete all metadata - worked - thanks a bunch
the delete all metadata - worked - thanks a bunch
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel