- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
YACReader trouble moving library to a new drive
- 3500
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 9 months ago #7323
by 3500
YACReader trouble moving library to a new drive was created by 3500
I moved my Library to a new drive and I want to make sure I'm doing the next steps correctly.
Here is what is happening now.
1. YACReader Library and the existing Library entry is still present with no data as expected.
2. If I click on Add Library or Open Existing Library then YACReader Library complains that there is another library with that name and won't proceed.
I thought I read that is the correct procedure and it would update the existing Library. Should I remove the existing Library first(without removing the metadata) and then Open an existing Library?
Thanks
Here is what is happening now.
1. YACReader Library and the existing Library entry is still present with no data as expected.
2. If I click on Add Library or Open Existing Library then YACReader Library complains that there is another library with that name and won't proceed.
I thought I read that is the correct procedure and it would update the existing Library. Should I remove the existing Library first(without removing the metadata) and then Open an existing Library?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 9 months ago #7324
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader trouble moving library to a new drive
You can't have two libraries with the same name. So you can remove the one you have already, and then open the folder you moved. Or open the one you moved giving it a new name, you can always rename it later.
Just check that .yacreaderlibrary folder is in the folder you moved, it should be there, and it contains all the metadata.
Just check that .yacreaderlibrary folder is in the folder you moved, it should be there, and it contains all the metadata.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel