Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Connect Windows Library Manager to Headless Server

Connect Windows Library Manager to Headless Server 1 year 3 months ago #7359

jazucco

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Is it possible to connect the windows library app to a library that is running headless in docker container using IP Address?

I have successfully setup a library server in a docker container on my NAS, but don’t see a way to connect to the server via IP address similar to the iOS app connection

I can connect by mapping to the shared folder, but was hoping to not have to go that route

Am I missing the option or is that not feasible
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connect Windows Library Manager to Headless Server 1 year 3 months ago #7361

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Connect Windows Library Manager to Headless Server 1 year 3 months ago #7377

jazucco

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Luis Ángel wrote:
My question was slightly different, wanting to connect the YACReader Library app, not read via a webbrowser. So just to confirm, it's not possible to connect to headless server via IP address with anything other than the iOS app. Correct?

Connect Windows Library Manager to Headless Server 1 year 3 months ago #7382

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

jazucco wrote:
Luis Ángel wrote:
My question was slightly different, wanting to connect the YACReader Library app, not read via a webbrowser. So just to confirm, it's not possible to connect to headless server via IP address with anything other than the iOS app. Correct?

If you want a remote connection (from outside your LAN) then no, but if you are talking about a connection in your local network then yes. You need a shared folder in your network containing your YACReaderLibrary library, then mount it in the machine you want to read from and open that library using the local installation of YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazucco