- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Can no longer import comics
- cetian
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 1 week ago #7885
by cetian
Can no longer import comics was created by cetian
Hi there,
Up until yesterday I was able to import comics via Wi-Fi, with no issues. (and for several years and through many versions of Yacreader - I love it).
I have version 9.13.1.2307166 on a Windows 11 PC.
And I read my comics on a 6th generation iPad, model MR7F2TY/A.
My iPadOS Yacreader app version is 3.26.2.0
Because it wasn't working, I updated iPadOS to iPadOS 17.0.1, thinking it could be something on the iPad.
After reading the FAQs, I checked my Windows Firewall, and both instances of yacreaderlibrary are allowed through private networks.
I tried installing iTunes but I have no idea how to import comics from my Windows 11 PC to iTunes and from iTunes to the iPad.
I checked YouTube and could find nothing. On the support pages, I did find a post that does not refer to the first part of the process and has a screenshot I do not recognize, I'm guessing it's from MacOS.
I would at least be happy to use iTunes. Can someone point me to a resource on how to do it, or give some tips?
Thanks in advance.
Any help is greatly apreciated.
Up until yesterday I was able to import comics via Wi-Fi, with no issues. (and for several years and through many versions of Yacreader - I love it).
I have version 9.13.1.2307166 on a Windows 11 PC.
And I read my comics on a 6th generation iPad, model MR7F2TY/A.
My iPadOS Yacreader app version is 3.26.2.0
Because it wasn't working, I updated iPadOS to iPadOS 17.0.1, thinking it could be something on the iPad.
After reading the FAQs, I checked my Windows Firewall, and both instances of yacreaderlibrary are allowed through private networks.
I tried installing iTunes but I have no idea how to import comics from my Windows 11 PC to iTunes and from iTunes to the iPad.
I checked YouTube and could find nothing. On the support pages, I did find a post that does not refer to the first part of the process and has a screenshot I do not recognize, I'm guessing it's from MacOS.
I would at least be happy to use iTunes. Can someone point me to a resource on how to do it, or give some tips?
Thanks in advance.
Any help is greatly apreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 1 week ago #7886
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can no longer import comics
What’s the problem exactly? Do you get any errors?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: cetian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cetian
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 week ago #7887
by cetian
Replied by cetian on topic Can no longer import comics
Hi Luís,
Thank you. In the meantime, I was able to see how transfer files to iTunes and then import them on the Yacreader app.
So that workaround is now working for me.
You you are willing to help about the Wi-Fi, this is what happens.
I check the IP address and the port, it's fine, I click connect and then the word "Loading" shows up with the progress animation and it stays like that until a dialog box appears:
"Error
The request timed out
Close | Reconnect|"
This happens everytime.
Thank you. In the meantime, I was able to see how transfer files to iTunes and then import them on the Yacreader app.
So that workaround is now working for me.
You you are willing to help about the Wi-Fi, this is what happens.
I check the IP address and the port, it's fine, I click connect and then the word "Loading" shows up with the progress animation and it stays like that until a dialog box appears:
"Error
The request timed out
Close | Reconnect|"
This happens everytime.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #7888
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can no longer import comics
Did you change anything on your network recently?
what happens if you enter ip:port in a web browser in your ios device?
what happens if you enter ip:port in a web browser in your ios device?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cetian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cetian
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 week ago #7889
by cetian
Replied by cetian on topic Can no longer import comics
You got me thinking:
I did call my operator about an issue with Wi-Fi, with a Xiaomi Box.
They changed the Wi-Fi channel to fix.
This is what I tried just now:
first -- IP:port with same settings (Wi-Fi channel 11), and the page did not load.
I tried the same in my PC browser and I got a page that got me access to my Yacreader comics library.
after that -- I tried changing to Wi-Fi channel 6, and same results
On my iPad the page did not load and on my PC, it loaded my comics library with no issues.
Same thing with Wi-fi channel 5, but this time I got a warning (on Safari) saying it was not a safe connection. (maybe because the url does not have the SSL certificate)
I also tried Brave and Chrome browsers on my iPad and the page also did not load.
On Brave the error message was "request timed out" and on Chrome similar: "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
I did call my operator about an issue with Wi-Fi, with a Xiaomi Box.
They changed the Wi-Fi channel to fix.
This is what I tried just now:
first -- IP:port with same settings (Wi-Fi channel 11), and the page did not load.
I tried the same in my PC browser and I got a page that got me access to my Yacreader comics library.
after that -- I tried changing to Wi-Fi channel 6, and same results
On my iPad the page did not load and on my PC, it loaded my comics library with no issues.
Same thing with Wi-fi channel 5, but this time I got a warning (on Safari) saying it was not a safe connection. (maybe because the url does not have the SSL certificate)
I also tried Brave and Chrome browsers on my iPad and the page also did not load.
On Brave the error message was "request timed out" and on Chrome similar: "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #7890
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Can no longer import comics
if the ip:port thing doesn't work from your device then it means that something in your network is blocking the connection. Do you have any WiFi extender? Some of them won't allow you to connect between devices connected to different nodes.
Also check that the router itself is not blocking the connection between devices, some security settings can isolate devices from see each other.
Also check that the router itself is not blocking the connection between devices, some security settings can isolate devices from see each other.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cetian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel