- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Multiple drives or NAS within a single library
- LethalWeapon
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #8547
by LethalWeapon
Multiple drives or NAS within a single library was created by LethalWeapon
Hi everyone,
I use external hard drives for storage. Every time a drive is full, I add a new one to expand my library, obviously with a new drive letter and folder.
I'd like to be able to manage all my external hard drives in the same library.
I've been doing this for years with Kodi for movies, but I can't do it with YACReader Library.
I don't know if I've explained myself correctly: I'd like all my comics to be arranged in folders in alphabetical order in my Library 1, with files located on several external disks that were added to as they filled up.
Library 1 Comics A to Z >
> Folder 1 External drive D
> Folder 2 External drive E
> Folder 3 External drive F
and so on.
Thanks in advance for the answers.
I use external hard drives for storage. Every time a drive is full, I add a new one to expand my library, obviously with a new drive letter and folder.
I'd like to be able to manage all my external hard drives in the same library.
I've been doing this for years with Kodi for movies, but I can't do it with YACReader Library.
I don't know if I've explained myself correctly: I'd like all my comics to be arranged in folders in alphabetical order in my Library 1, with files located on several external disks that were added to as they filled up.
Library 1 Comics A to Z >
> Folder 1 External drive D
> Folder 2 External drive E
> Folder 3 External drive F
and so on.
Thanks in advance for the answers.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by LethalWeapon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #8548
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Manage multiple external hard drives from a single
YACReaderLibrary creates a .yacreaderlibrary folder per physical location so it is not possible to unify libraries at this point.
There are options to combine multiple hard disks into a single logical unit, have you explore it?
There are options to combine multiple hard disks into a single logical unit, have you explore it?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LethalWeapon
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #8549
by LethalWeapon
Replied by LethalWeapon on topic Manage multiple external hard drives from a single
Thank you for your reply,
Having several disks merged together will make it harder for me to troubleshoot in the event of a disk failure; of course, I still have a backup, but this one will also be harder to manage.
That's why I've always avoided merging.
Edit : After thinking about, I will not do merging.
See you.
Having several disks merged together will make it harder for me to troubleshoot in the event of a disk failure; of course, I still have a backup, but this one will also be harder to manage.
That's why I've always avoided merging.
Edit : After thinking about, I will not do merging.
See you.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by LethalWeapon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LethalWeapon
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 3 months ago #8570
by LethalWeapon
Replied by LethalWeapon on topic Multiple drives or NAS within a single library
Hello,
Do you think it would be time-consuming and costly to implement this function in a future version of YACReaderLibrary?
Do you think it would be time-consuming and costly to implement this function in a future version of YACReaderLibrary?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #8571
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Multiple drives or NAS within a single library
It’s kind of a massive change, everything in YACReaderLibrary assumes that one library is just a single location. I reckon it would be something nice to have, but realistically I don’t see it happening soon.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LethalWeapon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel