- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #8789
by dmaker
Run YRL as a service or configure to restart? was created by dmaker
I absolutely love this application. My only complaint is that it has a tendency to crash (Win10/11) after being open for a few hours. This makes remote library access a challenge.
Is there a way to make it run as a service, or to restart after a crash? (ideally less crashing would be nice too)
Is there a way to make it run as a service, or to restart after a crash? (ideally less crashing would be nice too)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 weeks ago #8790
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
I always have YACReaderLibrary running and I am not getting those crashes, do you know if there is anything that triggers them?
Maybe you can find here some ideas: stackoverflow.com/questions/9344235/how-...t-crashes-in-windows
Maybe you can find here some ideas: stackoverflow.com/questions/9344235/how-...t-crashes-in-windows
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 weeks ago #8792
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I see this in the event viwer:
Faulting application name: YACReaderLibrary.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65ccfdb7
Faulting module name: ig9icd64.dll, version: 21.20.16.4550, time stamp: 0x582615c8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000340e8
Faulting process id: 0x3480
Faulting application start time: 0x01db0b6d4b5941fb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_e43bf4f1a295d985\ig9icd64.dll
Report Id: 7005a1d6-e6e3-42ee-a081-bd96ce9ea082
EventData
YACReaderLibrary.exe
0.0.0.0
65ccfdb7
ig9icd64.dll
21.20.16.4550
582615c8
c0000005
00000000000340e8
3480
01db0b6d4b5941fb
C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_e43bf4f1a295d985\ig9icd64.dll
7005a1d6-e6e3-42ee-a081-bd96ce9ea082
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I see this in the event viwer:
Faulting application name: YACReaderLibrary.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65ccfdb7
Faulting module name: ig9icd64.dll, version: 21.20.16.4550, time stamp: 0x582615c8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000340e8
Faulting process id: 0x3480
Faulting application start time: 0x01db0b6d4b5941fb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_e43bf4f1a295d985\ig9icd64.dll
Report Id: 7005a1d6-e6e3-42ee-a081-bd96ce9ea082
EventData
YACReaderLibrary.exe
0.0.0.0
65ccfdb7
ig9icd64.dll
21.20.16.4550
582615c8
c0000005
00000000000340e8
3480
01db0b6d4b5941fb
C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_e43bf4f1a295d985\ig9icd64.dll
7005a1d6-e6e3-42ee-a081-bd96ce9ea082
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8800
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
I have it running on my Alienware laptop (m18) running Windows 11 and it crashes there too with the same regularity.
It's usually either Qt6Core.dll or ucrtbase.dll on that machine mentioned in the event id 1000.
Faulting application name: YACReaderLibrary.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65ccfdb7
Faulting module name: Qt6Core.dll, version: 6.3.1.0, time stamp: 0x6298c2d2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000103b8
Faulting process id: 0x0xB24C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DB0D4D695C4C99
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\Qt6Core.dll
Report Id: 1424cdc1-9693-4fc1-9366-6d96331632ee
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
It's usually either Qt6Core.dll or ucrtbase.dll on that machine mentioned in the event id 1000.
Faulting application name: YACReaderLibrary.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x65ccfdb7
Faulting module name: Qt6Core.dll, version: 6.3.1.0, time stamp: 0x6298c2d2
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000103b8
Faulting process id: 0x0xB24C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DB0D4D695C4C99
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\YACReader\Qt6Core.dll
Report Id: 1424cdc1-9693-4fc1-9366-6d96331632ee
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 week ago #8802
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
The first one `ig9icd64` seems to be related to an intel graphic card, which is weird.
The second one is too generic.
What port are you using in the server? I wonder if it is a problem with http requests coming from the outside, if it is 8080 or other common port, please change it to something random and use that for a while, let me know if the crashes disappear.
The second one is too generic.
What port are you using in the server? I wonder if it is a problem with http requests coming from the outside, if it is 8080 or other common port, please change it to something random and use that for a while, let me know if the crashes disappear.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8804
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
I set one of them to 7777. Will monitor for a bit. I should know soon as it almost never stays up for more than an hour or two before crashing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8808
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
That didn't help. It still crashes on both machines. One of them I even disabled the server completely and it still crashes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 week ago #8809
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
That’s really weird, there are lots of people running YACReaderLibrary as a server and if crashes every hour are so common I would have heard about it. Can you think about any software that could be causing any kind of incompatibility? Any antivirus? Where are your comics stored? Are your graphic card drivers updated? What settings do you have enabled in YACReaderLibrary? Are automatic updates on? I am going to need as much information as possible about your setup.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8810
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
On one machine the library is an external USB HDD. On the other, the library is on a removable nvme ssd (SN750) in an Asus ROG Strix enclosure.
I even tried copying the library to my Qnap NAS to see if using removable drives was somehow the issue, but that made no difference.
I looked at my settings and see nothing unusual. I just unchecked periodic updates in case that might be causing the issue.
For antivirus I only ever use whatever comes as part of Windows these days. I don't install anything additional.
And as mentioned earlier, one install has the server enabled and one does not. Seems to make no difference.
I do rdp to these machines quite a bit throughout the day from work over a Wireguard vpn. I don't think that would matter at all, but just mentioning it.
I even tried copying the library to my Qnap NAS to see if using removable drives was somehow the issue, but that made no difference.
I looked at my settings and see nothing unusual. I just unchecked periodic updates in case that might be causing the issue.
For antivirus I only ever use whatever comes as part of Windows these days. I don't install anything additional.
And as mentioned earlier, one install has the server enabled and one does not. Seems to make no difference.
I do rdp to these machines quite a bit throughout the day from work over a Wireguard vpn. I don't think that would matter at all, but just mentioning it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #8811
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Let's see if automatic updates disabled makes a difference.
Next step would be to discard external storage: remove all the libraries, create a library with a couple of files in your Desktop and leave that running to see if crashes still happen.
And try to take a look to the logs in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary
The VPN shouldn't make a difference unless the IP address of the machine used to start the server changes. But the more things you can isolate the better.
BTW, if you have a NAS you may want to install YACReaderLibraryServer running in a Docker container, I just published an official image: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/26...creaderlibraryserver
Next step would be to discard external storage: remove all the libraries, create a library with a couple of files in your Desktop and leave that running to see if crashes still happen.
And try to take a look to the logs in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary
The VPN shouldn't make a difference unless the IP address of the machine used to start the server changes. But the more things you can isolate the better.
BTW, if you have a NAS you may want to install YACReaderLibraryServer running in a Docker container, I just published an official image: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/26...creaderlibraryserver
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel