- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
YACReaderLibrary won't start (all of a sudden)
- gtokeefe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 7 months ago #9327
by gtokeefe
YACReaderLibrary won't start (all of a sudden) was created by gtokeefe
Hello-
Suddenly, my yacreaderlibrary no longer works. The reader opens but not the library - it tries, I see the icon like it is loading and then noting. I looked in my task manager but see no signs of it running . I re-installed, no luck. Sadly I deleted app (knowing I would lose all my libraries) but that didn’t work either. I can’t figure it out . Any ideas?
Thanks!
Gregg
Suddenly, my yacreaderlibrary no longer works. The reader opens but not the library - it tries, I see the icon like it is loading and then noting. I looked in my task manager but see no signs of it running . I re-installed, no luck. Sadly I deleted app (knowing I would lose all my libraries) but that didn’t work either. I can’t figure it out . Any ideas?
Thanks!
Gregg
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9328
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start (all of a sudden)
You won't lose your libraries by deleting the app. The library information is kept in the folder where your comics are, if you have a library in c:\my_comics the library is in in c:\my_comics\.yacreaderlibrary
Do a back up of this folder: C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader and then delete it, try again. If it works please send me the folder so I can try to fix any crash that happens when the app starts.
After that you just need to reopen your libraries and everything (metadata, read progress, etc.) will be there.
Do a back up of this folder: C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader and then delete it, try again. If it works please send me the folder so I can try to fix any crash that happens when the app starts.
After that you just need to reopen your libraries and everything (metadata, read progress, etc.) will be there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- gtokeefe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 7 months ago #9329
by gtokeefe
Replied by gtokeefe on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start (all of a sudden)
Thanks so much! Before you responded, I searched and found your response here:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...rlibrary-won-t-start
I moved the folder to desktop and tried again and it opened (now I need to try to remember all my libraries, haha)
Anyway - do you need me to zip and send the folder? How should I send if you want it?
Again, thanks so much!!
I moved the folder to desktop and tried again and it opened (now I need to try to remember all my libraries, haha)
Anyway - do you need me to zip and send the folder? How should I send if you want it?
Again, thanks so much!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9330
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibrary won't start (all of a sudden)
Zip it and use the contact section in this web.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtokeefe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel