- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Question re: reading list format
- invisifan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 7 months ago #1090
by invisifan
Question re: reading list format was created by invisifan
A quick question — it’s been stated that the next version will support reading-lists, so my question is what form will they take? a straight text file list (like most old media playlists), some XML-based form (used by some newer playlists) or something else?
I could probably figure this out myself easily enough, but the beta 0.8 for windows says it’s not a valid application …
I could probably figure this out myself easily enough, but the beta 0.8 for windows says it’s not a valid application …
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 7 months ago #1091
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Question re: reading list format
Are you using Windows XP? If so, the beta hasn't been patched for XP, but the final release will be.
Right now, there isn't any kind of automation for creating/exporting/importing reading lists. You can create them and put any comics in them using drag&drop.
I you are using Windows XP and know how to use an hexadecimal editor you can patch the binaries yourself[0]. I would like to receive as much feedback about reading lists as possible.
[0] www.tripleboot.org/?p=423
Right now, there isn't any kind of automation for creating/exporting/importing reading lists. You can create them and put any comics in them using drag&drop.
I you are using Windows XP and know how to use an hexadecimal editor you can patch the binaries yourself[0]. I would like to receive as much feedback about reading lists as possible.
[0] www.tripleboot.org/?p=423
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- invisifan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #1095
by invisifan
Replied by invisifan on topic Question re: reading list format
Most of my home network is XP — W7+ is bloated and has nothing of much interest for me … I can try it on one of the W7 systems, but I’d not use that on any sort of on going basis.
I’ve no problem patching with a hex editor, although I have no idea what to look for to do so.
I’ve no problem patching with a hex editor, although I have no idea what to look for to do so.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 7 months ago #1097
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Question re: reading list format
Just read the link I posted, there you will see the values you have to change.
You have to change a couple of times 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 by 05 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 at the beginning of the executables (close to address 0000130)
You have to change a couple of times 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 by 05 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 at the beginning of the executables (close to address 0000130)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- invisifan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #1117
by invisifan
Replied by invisifan on topic Question re: reading list format
I’ve done the patch and it begins to start — then crashes right away, so I fired it up on a Win7 system — and just got a blank black window. Dropping .cbr files in got a timer but no display and then it crashed …
*sigh*
*sigh*
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 7 months ago #1125
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Question re: reading list format
Are you using the patched version in Windows 7? You don't need to.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- invisifan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #1126
by invisifan
Replied by invisifan on topic Question re: reading list format
No, the patched one is on the desktop of my primary system, I unzipped the beta separately to the Win7’s local drive
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 7 months ago #1127
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Question re: reading list format
Weird. Could you send me this folder ("C:\Users\luisangel.sanmartin\AppData\Local\YACReader") ? (please, zip it and email me the .zip). In the mean time try to update your graphic card drivers.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: invisifan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- invisifan
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #1194
by invisifan
Replied by invisifan on topic Question re: reading list format
Just wondering if there’s anything further on this — I’d really like to try it out if possible (on any machinr) … and the graphics drivers were up-to-date btw
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1199
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Question re: reading list format
I din't see anything wrong in your logs. I am not sure why YACReaderLibrary is not starting properly. I saw that you launched in both OpenGL and NoOpenGL mode. Are you having the same issue in both modes?
Try changing USE_OPEN_GL=2 to USE_OPEN_GL=0 in YACReaderLibrary.ini. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary\YACReaderLibrary.ini
Try changing USE_OPEN_GL=2 to USE_OPEN_GL=0 in YACReaderLibrary.ini. C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary\YACReaderLibrary.ini
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel