- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for Windows users.
Subfolders in Comic Flow
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
11 years 6 months ago #1165
by Drybonz
Subfolders in Comic Flow was created by Drybonz
Is there a way to make books stored in subfolders to show up in the "comic flow" view?
In other words, I keep my library in folders A-Z with subfolders (this is mainly useful in other readers that don't keep a library)... I would like to be able to highlight folder "R" (for example) in the pane on the left in YACReader and be able to see all the books in folder "R" and its subfolders in the comic flow.
Thanks!
In other words, I keep my library in folders A-Z with subfolders (this is mainly useful in other readers that don't keep a library)... I would like to be able to highlight folder "R" (for example) in the pane on the left in YACReader and be able to see all the books in folder "R" and its subfolders in the comic flow.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1167
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
No, it is not possible.
Top level reading lists, will have this behavior in 8.0. But they only have one level of sub-lists.
Top level reading lists, will have this behavior in 8.0. But they only have one level of sub-lists.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1170
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about trying the 8.0 beta, as I am interested to see the grid view as well. Grid view is more like what I am used to, and may fix some of the problems I am having with navigation related to the subfolder setup that I have, etc...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1171
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
So, I am running the 8.0 beta now to try it out. I like that you can see the first level of subfolders in the grid view. What would be great is to see the folders as "stacks" with the first comic as the thumbnail for the stack, then you can click a stack and see all the comics inside.
*edit* Also, I should add that the grid view looks very good in the beta. Thumbnails are generated very quickly so it does not slow down the scrolling. Metadata is arranged neatly. Very nice.
*edit* Also, I should add that the grid view looks very good in the beta. Thumbnails are generated very quickly so it does not slow down the scrolling. Metadata is arranged neatly. Very nice.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Drybonz.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1173
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
Thank you Drybonz.
I have thought a lot about adding folders to the comic view (flow or grid), and browse your collection in a drill-down way. If I finally add this, it will be in a new UI mode (flow/grid/something new).
I have thought a lot about adding folders to the comic view (flow or grid), and browse your collection in a drill-down way. If I finally add this, it will be in a new UI mode (flow/grid/something new).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Drybonz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 82
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #1176
by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
Luis, your comic flow view is so nice that it would be cool if you could somehow combine it with that "drill-down" grid view. For instance, maybe have the grid in the bottom pane and when you highlight a stack the comics within would appear in the comic flow at the top pane... as you drill down you could eliminate the comics from the levels above in the comic flow, narrowing down to what you want... maybe even see the pages in a book in the comic flow if you select an individual book in the grid view.
Dunno... I am just thinking out loud.
Dunno... I am just thinking out loud.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 6 months ago #1181
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Subfolders in Comic Flow
As soon as I will have a concept design for this I will create a post in the forum for talk about it. (as I did with the grid view and reading lists)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel