- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader
- Yag
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 1 week ago #1817
by Yag
Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader was created by Yag
Hi,
on my notebook I have Win7 home premium installed and running the latest YACReaderLibrary and YACReader.
I have a mapped SMB share ( e.g. drive letter 'M'). I have reading access to this share.
All works fine within YACReaderlibrary and also in YACReader.
I can access the share , browsw through comics with the YACReaderLibrary, open comicms with YACReader.
Bu when I want to open a comi from the YACReaderLibray ( which will open the YACReader), I get an 'Unable to connect to yacreaderlibray'-error from within YACReader.
Whats the cause.
Both programms standalone work fine, only 'passing the information, which comic to open' from YACReaderlibrray to YACReader fails.
Is there a fix Ican apply?
Thx...
Yag
on my notebook I have Win7 home premium installed and running the latest YACReaderLibrary and YACReader.
I have a mapped SMB share ( e.g. drive letter 'M'). I have reading access to this share.
All works fine within YACReaderlibrary and also in YACReader.
I can access the share , browsw through comics with the YACReaderLibrary, open comicms with YACReader.
Bu when I want to open a comi from the YACReaderLibray ( which will open the YACReader), I get an 'Unable to connect to yacreaderlibray'-error from within YACReader.
Whats the cause.
Both programms standalone work fine, only 'passing the information, which comic to open' from YACReaderlibrray to YACReader fails.
Is there a fix Ican apply?
Thx...
Yag
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1818
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader
Hi Yag,
you're not alone with this problem, we're getting reports of people having trouble with network shares and YACReaderLibrary from time to time. We're not quite sure what's causing these problems but it seems that the database backend we're using is not working well with some network shares. A Linux user recently was able to work around some of his problems by mounting the share with the option "nolock". This option also seems to exist on Windows. For further details please look here:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/en-en/library/cc754350.aspx
Regards,
selmf
you're not alone with this problem, we're getting reports of people having trouble with network shares and YACReaderLibrary from time to time. We're not quite sure what's causing these problems but it seems that the database backend we're using is not working well with some network shares. A Linux user recently was able to work around some of his problems by mounting the share with the option "nolock". This option also seems to exist on Windows. For further details please look here:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/en-en/library/cc754350.aspx
Regards,
selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by selmf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel