- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Library keeps shutting down
- the1captain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 10 months ago #1896
by the1captain
Library keeps shutting down was created by the1captain
On my PC whenever I open YAC reader often times when I try to click on a particular book I get a pop up saying that "YAC reader has stopped working. Windows has detected a problem." It then closes YAC Reader on me. Works fine when Syncing to my phone or Ipad.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 10 months ago #1897
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Library keeps shutting down
Hi the1captain!
I'm not sure if I understand your problem. You have a book that causes YACReaderLibrary to shut down when you try to read it in YACReader by launching from the library? If this is the case and it's always the same book (or books that have something in common) you likely have found a problem in our launching mechanism. To see what exactly is going wrong we need to try to reproduce your problem. Could you provide us with the book for testing? You can send it to support@yacreader.com if it isn't something you feel comfortable posting here on the forum.
I'm not sure if I understand your problem. You have a book that causes YACReaderLibrary to shut down when you try to read it in YACReader by launching from the library? If this is the case and it's always the same book (or books that have something in common) you likely have found a problem in our launching mechanism. To see what exactly is going wrong we need to try to reproduce your problem. Could you provide us with the book for testing? You can send it to support@yacreader.com if it isn't something you feel comfortable posting here on the forum.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- the1captain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 10 months ago #1901
by the1captain
Replied by the1captain on topic Library keeps shutting down
Basically when on my laptop I can browse around for a bit. Click on some books. But soon when I click on a book it suddenly freezes up. Screen fades and I get the error message I mentioned before. Don't know if it's is particular books. Just happens after awhile.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 10 months ago #1903
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library keeps shutting down
Where do you have your comics stored? Windows version? Is this happening with a certain type of files (pdf, cbr, cbz)?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- the1captain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 10 months ago #1905
by the1captain
Replied by the1captain on topic Library keeps shutting down
I have them stored on an external hard drive I plug into my laptop. Yes, I always make sure I didn't accidentally unplug it. Files are usually cbr or cbz.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 9 months ago #1938
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library keeps shutting down
I think that it is a problema related to hard drives in idle mode. I have debugged this issue, and I could be in the Qt side, I mean, is not the YACReader's source code which is crashing...
I am trying to find a workaround for this. Sorry for the inconveniences.
I am trying to find a workaround for this. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel