Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Using non-local cloud storage as Library folder?

Using non-local cloud storage as Library folder? 8 years 3 months ago #1948

metasynthie

Fresh Boarder

I just got YACReader for iOS and Windows, and I'm really pleased with the experience so far. I especially love the integration with cloud services and the ability to get info from Comicvine -- these are what makes YACReader stand above others I've tried.

Here's the funny thing -- Dropbox integration makes it really easy for me to read on iOS but not so much on Windows, since I keep my rather large collection in the cloud and don't mirror the whole on any local devices. My iOS YACReader can grab an issue or a folder of my current reading list just fine from Dropbox, but if I'm reading on a Windows machine I have to sync a folder so that it all downloads to my local machine, then have the YacReader Library update to find the new files. Is there any way I can have YacReader Library look at a Dropbox folder? Or have YacReader for Windows grab files from Dropbox?

I'm assuming this doesn't exist now, but I would love to know if there are any plans for that level of integration between cloud services and Windows, especially since it's one of the great things about the iOS version, but the Library is where the great ComicVine features come into play!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using non-local cloud storage as Library folder? 8 years 3 months ago #1951

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Thank you for the suggestion metasynthie. I didn't think about this, but sounds like a good idea.

You can create a library locally with all your comics in Dropbox, then you can delete the comics keeping the .yacreaderlibray folder, and you will be able to browse your comics using YACReaderLibrary. You won't be able to read them though.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.