- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader
- galapogosian
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 5 months ago #2294
by galapogosian
New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader was created by galapogosian
I've found YACReader through Google, installed Reader & Library on my PC, but before I progress further, I have a few questions.
1- Where are instructions or help files for Library?
2- By creating a library on my PC, is it going to point to an existing folder or copy that folder to a new place on my hard drive?
3- If I get the iPad app to read comics, will the comics be downloaded from my PC to my iPad, or simply read over wi-fi?
4- If I delete a comic with the iPad, is it going to delete it from my PC hard drive, or just the iPad?
What I'm trying to accomplish is to point the iPad app to an already existing folder of comics on my PC, download the ones I like to my iPad, read from iPad, delete from iPad, and never change the file structure of the folder on my PC.
If an experienced user has definitive answers to these questions, I would appreciate your time.
Thank you.
1- Where are instructions or help files for Library?
2- By creating a library on my PC, is it going to point to an existing folder or copy that folder to a new place on my hard drive?
3- If I get the iPad app to read comics, will the comics be downloaded from my PC to my iPad, or simply read over wi-fi?
4- If I delete a comic with the iPad, is it going to delete it from my PC hard drive, or just the iPad?
What I'm trying to accomplish is to point the iPad app to an already existing folder of comics on my PC, download the ones I like to my iPad, read from iPad, delete from iPad, and never change the file structure of the folder on my PC.
If an experienced user has definitive answers to these questions, I would appreciate your time.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- xnowimcoolx
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #2295
by xnowimcoolx
Replied by xnowimcoolx on topic New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader
1 - there isn't much - support link at the top of the website and the forum is helpful. But it's fairly simple once you know what to do.
2. You point the libraries to the existing folders (Library will not move them). Beside "Libraries" there is a + click that and follow the prompts. Here your folder structure of your comics is VERY important as the Library app basically just shows the folders inside the Library folder. Make as many Libraries as you need/want!
For instance: I have 3 Libraries. Each library is pointed to a main folder on my computer. So my folder structure looks like:
>Comic
-> Graphic Novels (Library)
----> V for Vendetta (these will show up in "folders")
----> Watchmen
----> Seconds
-> Image (Library)
---->Southern Bastards (these will show up in "folders")
-> Marvel (Library)
----> Deadpool (these will show up in "folders")
----> Avengers
----> etc etc etc...
So it mirrors your filing system and then displays the cbr, cbz files nicely. (folders within folders will show up!)
3. You can choose either. I prefer to stream, unless I'm not at home.
4. Just the iPad
From what you've said I'd guess that YACR will do exactly what you want it to. It will not, however, let you download or access comics away from your own wifi network.
2. You point the libraries to the existing folders (Library will not move them). Beside "Libraries" there is a + click that and follow the prompts. Here your folder structure of your comics is VERY important as the Library app basically just shows the folders inside the Library folder. Make as many Libraries as you need/want!
For instance: I have 3 Libraries. Each library is pointed to a main folder on my computer. So my folder structure looks like:
>Comic
-> Graphic Novels (Library)
----> V for Vendetta (these will show up in "folders")
----> Watchmen
----> Seconds
-> Image (Library)
---->Southern Bastards (these will show up in "folders")
-> Marvel (Library)
----> Deadpool (these will show up in "folders")
----> Avengers
----> etc etc etc...
So it mirrors your filing system and then displays the cbr, cbz files nicely. (folders within folders will show up!)
3. You can choose either. I prefer to stream, unless I'm not at home.
4. Just the iPad
From what you've said I'd guess that YACR will do exactly what you want it to. It will not, however, let you download or access comics away from your own wifi network.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by xnowimcoolx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- xnowimcoolx
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 1
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #2296
by xnowimcoolx
Replied by xnowimcoolx on topic New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader
the forum flattened out my file structure - thats unhelpful *fixed*
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by xnowimcoolx.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- galapogosian
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 5 months ago #2301
by galapogosian
Replied by galapogosian on topic New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader
Perfect reply. Thank you very much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 5 months ago #2304
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New user questions- Windows 7 server, iPad reader
Thanks xnowimcoolx!
The best thing to do is to create single library in your Comic folder.
I use only three libraries: Comics in spanish, Comics in english and Comics not organized yet.
The best thing to do is to create single library in your Comic folder.
I use only three libraries: Comics in spanish, Comics in english and Comics not organized yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel