Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader Win connect to YACReaderLibrary on Mac

YACReader Win connect to YACReaderLibrary on Mac 7 years 4 months ago #2685

jbmurphy

Fresh Boarder

I am confused. I have YACReaderLibrary running on my Mac server. I can use the iPad app to browse the library hosted on the mac. I can't figure out how to do the same with the Win version of YACReader. All I can see is to open a comic locally. Am I missing something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader Win connect to YACReaderLibrary on Mac 7 years 4 months ago #2686

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Sort of. YACReader and YACReaderLibrary on desktop systems communicate directly without a network connection. This is an interface different from the interface to the iOS app. YACReaderLibrary tells YACReader which comic to open (path, library) and it opens this comic locally and tells YACReaderLibrary about you reading progress. The iOS app works via an inbuilt webserver in YACReaderLibrary. In this case, the pages or comics are sent directly over the web.
Some of this functionality probably wil be changed or improved in the near future (Luis has been working on a webserver related update for some time now). One thing we have been considering is implementing a simple web reader interface so mobile users can do basic reading regardless of the OS they are running.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader Win connect to YACReaderLibrary on Mac 7 years 4 months ago #2700

jbmurphy

Fresh Boarder

Thank you or taking the time to reply. So the only way to have all my stuff everywhere, I need to leverage a dropbox/rsync solution that copies all the comics to each desktop, and the iOS app can connect to the library on the "master" desktop?

Thank you again.