- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Connecting to a library from another PC
- Reader
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2710
by Reader
Connecting to a library from another PC was created by Reader
Since the IOS application is able to connect to a distant library, why can't we connect using a desktop client application?
Accessing http://100.99.493.00:3030/ in a web browser will show you your library but you can't read or import.
Accessing http://100.99.493.00:3030/ in a web browser will show you your library but you can't read or import.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Reader.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 9 months ago #2714
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Connecting to a library from another PC
Different interfaces. Library to desktop just launches YACReader with the information where to find the file. This doesn't work over network.
The IOS app uses some kind of webview to show the library (this is what you see in the browser) but a custom interface to get the pictures.
There will be some changes to this sometime in the future. The IOS app will switch to a fully non-browser interface and we want to extend the browser stuff to a minimal web reader. But this is still a bit away
The IOS app uses some kind of webview to show the library (this is what you see in the browser) but a custom interface to get the pictures.
There will be some changes to this sometime in the future. The IOS app will switch to a fully non-browser interface and we want to extend the browser stuff to a minimal web reader. But this is still a bit away
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- EqnX
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3788
by EqnX
Replied by EqnX on topic Connecting to a library from another PC
Is was wondering the same thing. I have a small home server which runs the headless server via the docker. But can i connect to is from my desktop? I mean in another way then the web-app? Intergration into the desktop client?
Cheers,
Cheers,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3789
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting to a library from another PC
You can share the folder where you have your library over network and then open that library locally in your computer using YACReaderLibrary.
You can experience some stability issues if you want to use that local instance for importing to iOS, but if you just want to browse it and open comics using YACReader it should work fine, how fast is it going to work will depend on your network.
EDIT: I do this in my PC, I just have a Raspberry Pi sharing the folder where I have my comics in my home network and my PC looks that folder locally, so I can open it with YACReaderLibrary.
You can experience some stability issues if you want to use that local instance for importing to iOS, but if you just want to browse it and open comics using YACReader it should work fine, how fast is it going to work will depend on your network.
EDIT: I do this in my PC, I just have a Raspberry Pi sharing the folder where I have my comics in my home network and my PC looks that folder locally, so I can open it with YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- EqnX
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3790
by EqnX
Replied by EqnX on topic Connecting to a library from another PC
Thanks, that was waht i was looking for. I read mostly on my ipad but love the overview of the desktop client. Load times when switching between sub folders has a slight lag but nothing bit. Eventho I’m running both on a gigabit wired network.
But for now this is the only program I’ve found that really does everyting I want. Really liking it!
But for now this is the only program I’ve found that really does everyting I want. Really liking it!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel