• Page:

TOPIC: YACReader 3.5 for iOS

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 8 months ago #4660

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

It is ready for testing: testflight.apple.com/join/5zhB7sRP

Changes:
- Double page mode, can be set in the bottom bar while reading. Options are: single page, double page, and double page auto, in auto mode the double is enabled when the device is in landscape mode.
- New fit settings, now there is an always fit option to force the content to fit in the screen, no matter the orientation or the content aspect ratio.
- Faster image loading.
- Better image loading and caching when reading remotely (from YACReaderLibrary).
- New UI to open next/previous comic while reading, when the cover or the last page are reached trying to go further will open a pop up showing the cover of the next comic (or the previous comic if we are going backwards), taping the cover will open the comic. (This only works in local mode yet)

New in build 3.5.0.1:
- 3 additional tap modes, Viewer -> Options -> Settings (Page turn settings)

New in build 3.5.0.2:
- Fix page turns triggered while zooming
- Add a new setting to disable page turn animation, Viewer -> Options -> Settings (Page turn settings)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 8 months ago #4666

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hey Luis, been testing and the double page on iPad Pro is amazing. Also, the new fit works great. No adjustments needed. Very good update. thanks again.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 8 months ago #4667

Luis Ángel

Administrator

ClarkandBruce wrote:
Hey Luis, been testing and the double page on iPad Pro is amazing. Also, the new fit works great. No adjustments needed. Very good update. thanks again.

Awesome, thank you very much for testing it and for the feedback, it is really appreciated.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4721

jocala

Junior Boarder

I just joined via testflight, thanks!

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4756

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Hi Luis... I have just been checking out the new ios beta... you are making great progress. It is looking nice.

Couple quick suggestions I notice:

The remove margins feature is great... but I think it should leave a bit more of the marging... the reason is that on scans that are not quite straight (some diagonal movement) the borders of the book can get clipped a little. If it is relaxed a bit, I think it will look better.

Also, for the yacreader library, it would be great to have a "minimize to tray" option. (I have suggested this one in the past, but a long time ago. Just thought it would be a nice addition). A standalone server window that could sit in the tray would work too, but probably more effort to make this, I'm sure... just something to keep the server open and get everything out of the taskbar.

A quick contrast and yellowing adjustment button while reading would be very nice if the reader is switching between old and new comics, so they can make a fast contrast boost and remove yellowing from old comics.

I can see your development on the app is picking up and it is looking nice. Thanks for the time you are spending on the app. Best of luck.

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4757

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions, minimize to system tray is almost done, it is not yet ready because some weird behaviour in macos....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4758

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Luis... is it possible to get rid of the dock bar at the bottom of the ipad completely while reading? I notice that it goes away sometimes, but comes back. It can be a distraction while reading... I'm hoping it's possible to remove it permanently while the reader is open.

Thanks for considering this suggestion.

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4760

Luis Ángel

Administrator

It is possible and it should disappear automatically, this was fixed time ago, are you on iOS 13? I will double check what is going on.

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4763

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

I am on ios 13.1 beta 4 (I think it's the most recent). The bar does disappear, but keeps coming back.

YACReader 3.5 for iOS 4 years 7 months ago #4767

Luis Ángel

Administrator

When does it come back?
  • Page: