Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.8.0

YACReader 9.8.0 3 years 2 months ago #5687

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

New version is coming soon.

You can get it here: bintray.com/beta/#/luisangelsm/YACReader...ds/2101282?tab=files

YACReader
  • Adds support for full manga mode, it means that controls get inverted to match the navigation.
  • Fix UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT shortcuts for moving a zoomed in page around.
YACReaderLibrary
  • New fuzzy search engine. Type to search into any field of the database, or target specific content.
  • New `manga` field added to comics and folders to tag content as manga, any content added to a manga folder will become manga automatically.
Server
  • New `manga` field is sent to YACReader for iOS, so comics tagged as manga will be recognized as such when reading remotely or importing comics. A new iOS build is needed though, it will be ready once 9.8.0 is released.

The new search engine is much powerful than before. It can search into the following data base fields:

comics
numbers -> "numpages", "number", "count", "arcnumber", "arccount"
text -> "title", "volume", "storyarc", "genere", "writer", "penciller", "inker", "colorist", "letterer", "coverartist", "publisher", "format", "agerating", "synopsis", "characters", "notes"
boolean (true/false) -> "isbis", "color", "read", "manga"
text -> "filename"

folders
text -> "folder"
boolean -> "completed", "finished"

If you start typing, YACReaderLibrary will search all the fields for any match. If you wan to specify some fields you can do it writing the field name followed by ":" and the value.

By default words separated by an space are joined by an "and", e.g. this that -> this and that.

Some examples
blah -> any comic or folder with any field containing blah, even partially, will be shown.
read:true blah -> same as above but only for read comics.
read:true manga:true -> comics that are read and are manga
not read:true -> same as read:false
"blah blah" -> looks for the full string
writer:"john doe" or writer:"jane doe" -> all the comcs write by john doe or jane doe.
(read:true manga:true) or (filename:cbz writer:"john doe") -> you can use more complex search expressions using ()
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alext41

YACReader 9.8.0 2 years 11 months ago #5887

marstonstudio

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

Hello, excited about the search feature, and see some good items and recent commits on the GitHub.

Any updates on when you think it will be ready to release?

Much appreciated your effort on YACReader, the combination of the server library running through Docker on my Nas and the maturity of the reader on my iPad is the killer combo I was looking for.

YACReader 9.8.0 2 years 11 months ago #5888

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I think the current version on develop is ready for a release. I just need to find some time to do the release.

Glad to hear you like the app!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, marstonstudio