- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
New iOS beta 3.22.0
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 1 month ago #6943
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
New iOS beta 3.22.0 was created by Luis Ángel
This version includes a preliminary implementation of panel by panel reading. I am not sure yet if it will be available in 3.22.0, but I need some help to start testing it. Testing is not about how accurate the panel detection is (this is a work in progress), but I would like to hear about the user experience and also performance/stability.
Join the beta here: testflight.apple.com/join/5zhB7sRP
Full changelog:
NEW in 3.22.0.1 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.5 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.6 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.8 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.10 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.12 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.14 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.16 build:
NEW in 3.22.0.18 build:
Join the beta here: testflight.apple.com/join/5zhB7sRP
Full changelog:
- Read comics are open from the beginning instead of the last page.
- Added continuous horizontal scroll mode.
- Added double tap for zooming, there is a setting to toggle it.
- Share/save current page.
- Panel by panel reading, it can be enabled from the crop settings or when zooming into a page, it includes some options to control its behavior. Only available for iOS14+.
- Tweaked some animations in the reader.
- Fixed current page tracking in continuous scroll modes.
- Fixed small jump when the options are shown while reading (only happened when the page was zoomed in).
- Fixes and stability improvements.
NEW in 3.22.0.1 build:
- Improved page turn animations performance when panel by panel reading is enabled.
- Fixed the aspect ratio of covers when a super tall comic is found.
NEW in 3.22.0.5 build:
- Setting for controlling the margins/spacing around the current panel.
- Increased max page resolution in some situations.
NEW in 3.22.0.6 build:
- Changed auto panel margin calculations. And set small as the default setting. If the page layout is complex 'auto' doesn't give the best results.
NEW in 3.22.0.8 build:
- Fix reading order in imported reading lists.
NEW in 3.22.0.10 build:
- Fixed continuous horizontal scroll mode when manga mode is enabled.
- "Go to page" view works now with the continuous scroll modes.
NEW in 3.22.0.12 build:
- Improved panels detection.
NEW in 3.22.0.14 build:
- Improved panels reading order.
NEW in 3.22.0.16 build:
- Settings to show comic titles using metadata if it is available.
- Some minor improvements.
NEW in 3.22.0.18 build:
- Improve UI for larger screens.
- Fixed share current page when manga mode or continuous scroll is used.
- Add support for drag&drop comic files from third party apps to import them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
4 years 1 month ago #6971
by Renns
Replied by Renns on topic New iOS beta 3.22.0
iOS Beta 3.22.0.16 Feedback
Thank you for displaying the metadata in the iOS app! It looks great, but I have a some questions.
a) On my iPad, when viewing comics remotely from the YACReaderLibrary on my computer:
Folders display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
Reading Lists display comics as only "Title". Example: "Volume 1"
b) On my iPad, when viewing comics that have been imported onto my iPad:
Folders display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
Reading Lists still display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
I prefer the first way (a), where the Reading Lists display only the titles of the comics without the issue number prefix. Would it be possible to make it work that way for imported Reading Lists as well?
The reason I prefer it that way is because Reading Lists often combine different series, so the issue numbers are less important and can even be confusing when shown together. For example, a Hellboy Reading List might start with these five volumes:
Hellboy Omnibus 1 - Seed of Destruction
Young Hellboy - The Hidden Land
Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v01
Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v02
Hellboy Omnibus 2 - Strange Places
When the # is also displayed, it looks like this:
#1 - Hellboy Omnibus 1 - Seed of Destruction
#1 - Young Hellboy - The Hidden Land
#1 - Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v01
#2 - Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v02
#2 - Hellboy Omnibus 2 - Strange Places
This is not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have consistency between viewing Reading Lists on the server and those imported to the iPad.
Cheers!
Thank you for displaying the metadata in the iOS app! It looks great, but I have a some questions.
a) On my iPad, when viewing comics remotely from the YACReaderLibrary on my computer:
Folders display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
Reading Lists display comics as only "Title". Example: "Volume 1"
b) On my iPad, when viewing comics that have been imported onto my iPad:
Folders display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
Reading Lists still display comics as "# - Title". Example: "#1 - Volume 1"
I prefer the first way (a), where the Reading Lists display only the titles of the comics without the issue number prefix. Would it be possible to make it work that way for imported Reading Lists as well?
The reason I prefer it that way is because Reading Lists often combine different series, so the issue numbers are less important and can even be confusing when shown together. For example, a Hellboy Reading List might start with these five volumes:
Hellboy Omnibus 1 - Seed of Destruction
Young Hellboy - The Hidden Land
Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v01
Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v02
Hellboy Omnibus 2 - Strange Places
When the # is also displayed, it looks like this:
#1 - Hellboy Omnibus 1 - Seed of Destruction
#1 - Young Hellboy - The Hidden Land
#1 - Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v01
#2 - Hellboy - The Complete Short Stories v02
#2 - Hellboy Omnibus 2 - Strange Places
This is not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have consistency between viewing Reading Lists on the server and those imported to the iPad.
Cheers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 1 month ago #6974
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New iOS beta 3.22.0
a) happened becasue a bug in the server side, the latest 9.9.0 build fixes that:
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.9.0.2208092
About showing the number in the reading lists, I've been wondering what's the right thing to do.
About showing the number in the reading lists, I've been wondering what's the right thing to do.
- No number.
- Show the number because it can be usefull to know where issues come from.
- Show the ordinal used in the reading list.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
4 years 1 month ago #6975
by Renns
Replied by Renns on topic New iOS beta 3.22.0
That's a good point, different number/title formats may be better suited for different lists. Would it be possible to provide the user with the option to set the naming conventions? Either for all Reading Lists or individually? Each of those three methods you mentioned sound useful.
I currently browse folders when I want to see the numbers and titles, and I browse Reading Lists when I only want to see the titles. If I had the option to customize that for each list that would be wonderful.
When a list contains only one series and the titles are "Volume 1", "Volume 2", etc, then I don't need to display them as "#1 - Volume 1", etc, as that would be unnecessarily redundant.
I currently browse folders when I want to see the numbers and titles, and I browse Reading Lists when I only want to see the titles. If I had the option to customize that for each list that would be wonderful.
When a list contains only one series and the titles are "Volume 1", "Volume 2", etc, then I don't need to display them as "#1 - Volume 1", etc, as that would be unnecessarily redundant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renns
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 6
4 years 1 month ago #6993
by Renns
Replied by Renns on topic New iOS beta 3.22.0
iOS Beta 3.22.0.18 Feedback
The panel-by-panel experience feels excellent and very natural. It's working very well for me and I have no issues with it. Great work!
The panel-by-panel experience feels excellent and very natural. It's working very well for me and I have no issues with it. Great work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel