Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Hello from Nairobi, Kenya

Hello from Nairobi, Kenya 8 months 1 day ago #7816

Abiudy254

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Hello, recently got into reading comics. First app I used on desktop was YACReader and enjoyed using it to organise my comics but mainly use my mobile to read comics but was sad there wasn't an android version at the time. Had to use CDisplayEX on mobile. Now YACReader Android is out but I'm still using CDisplayEx cause of YACReader being remote.

Please do not take offence of this, I love your application and find it very satisfying to use cause navigating is smooth and the way it organises comics is awesome but it being remote makes it useless for me.

The whole point of reading on mobile is so that I can read my comics anywhere, remotely or local. My internet connection is very slow and loading the comuc pages takes time. And I can't always be near my YACReadee Librart server every time I want to read a comic. I even wish the app just had a way of opening a locally stored comic file, doesn't have to have a library, just opening the file, that would be better.

Anyway, I love your work and I'm very eagerly waiting for version 2.0 for local library support. Again, please don't take offence to this.

Thanks for putting your time into this project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from Nairobi, Kenya 7 months 4 weeks ago #7820

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

A full remote app was the fastest way for having an Android app and something a lot of users requested, that doesn't mean that local libraries are not coming. That's the plan for 2.0 and I am working on it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abiudy254