- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Welcome to the YACReader forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
New and Confused
- J.J.
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 11 months ago #7977
by J.J.
New and Confused was created by J.J.
Hi. I just downloaded this app to read comic books om my tablet. I have been using comicrack for years but it looks like that app has come to an end.
I am confused on how to get started. Not sure what is wanted for a name, I did find my tablets IP address, but am totally dumbfounded by whatever the port is. I have been trying to find answers on the internet but am just getting more and more befuddled. I guess I am not all that tech savvy. I just want to read comics like I have been with Comicrack.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks.
JJ
I am confused on how to get started. Not sure what is wanted for a name, I did find my tablets IP address, but am totally dumbfounded by whatever the port is. I have been trying to find answers on the internet but am just getting more and more befuddled. I guess I am not all that tech savvy. I just want to read comics like I have been with Comicrack.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks.
JJ
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 11 months ago #7980
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New and Confused
Do you want to stream/import from YACReaderLibrary? Or what method do you want to use to import your comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- J.J.
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #7984
by J.J.
Replied by J.J. on topic New and Confused
I have my own comics saved an a hard drive. I transfer them to my tablet to read them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 11 months ago #7987
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New and Confused
There are multiple ways of doing that, so, in the Import section in YACReader for iOS, what did you tried so far?
- You can user Finder or iTunes(windows) to transfer the files from your computer.
- You can create a library using YACReaderLibrary in your computer and then connect to it, browse and stream or import your comics.
- You can connect your hard disk to your iOS device and then import your comics through Files.
- You can connect to the built-in web page inside the ios app using a web browser in your computer and drag&drop your comics there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- J.J.
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 11 months ago #7989
by J.J.
Replied by J.J. on topic New and Confused
I always connect my hard disk to myiOS device and then import your comics through Files, that is not the problem.
I open the app on my tablet and it is asking for a name, ip address, and port. That is all I see.
I know my IP address, but do not know what they want for a name or port.
Thank you for your quick responses and patience.
I open the app on my tablet and it is asking for a name, ip address, and port. That is all I see.
I know my IP address, but do not know what they want for a name or port.
Thank you for your quick responses and patience.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 11 months ago #7991
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic New and Confused
Are you talking about the Android version right? Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking about iOS all the time.
The androids version needs to connect to YACReaderLibrary to work (for now). So you need to install YACReaderLibrary in your computer, create a library and get the ip and port from the sever dialog in it.
The androids version needs to connect to YACReaderLibrary to work (for now). So you need to install YACReaderLibrary in your computer, create a library and get the ip and port from the sever dialog in it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel