Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: New and Confused

New and Confused 6 months 6 days ago #7977

J.J.

Fresh Boarder

Hi. I just downloaded this app to read comic books om my tablet. I have been using comicrack for years but it looks like that app has come to an end.

I am confused on how to get started. Not sure what is wanted for a name, I did find my tablets IP address, but am totally dumbfounded by whatever the port is. I have been trying to find answers on the internet but am just getting more and more befuddled. I guess I am not all that tech savvy. I just want to read comics like I have been with Comicrack.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

JJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New and Confused 6 months 6 days ago #7980

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Do you want to stream/import from YACReaderLibrary? Or what method do you want to use to import your comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

New and Confused 6 months 6 days ago #7984

J.J.

Fresh Boarder

I have my own comics saved an a hard drive. I transfer them to my tablet to read them.

New and Confused 6 months 5 days ago #7987

Luis Ángel

Administrator

There are multiple ways of doing that, so, in the Import section in YACReader for iOS, what did you tried so far?
  • You can user Finder or iTunes(windows) to transfer the files from your computer.
  • You can create a library using YACReaderLibrary in your computer and then connect to it, browse and stream or import your comics.
  • You can connect your hard disk to your iOS device and then import your comics through Files.
  • You can connect to the built-in web page inside the ios app using a web browser in your computer and drag&drop your comics there.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

New and Confused 6 months 5 days ago #7989

J.J.

Fresh Boarder

I always connect my hard disk to myiOS device and then import your comics through Files, that is not the problem.

I open the app on my tablet and it is asking for a name, ip address, and port. That is all I see.

I know my IP address, but do not know what they want for a name or port.

Thank you for your quick responses and patience.

New and Confused 6 months 5 days ago #7991

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Are you talking about the Android version right? Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking about iOS all the time.

The androids version needs to connect to YACReaderLibrary to work (for now). So you need to install YACReaderLibrary in your computer, create a library and get the ip and port from the sever dialog in it.