- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Welcome to the YACReader forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Hello from France
- starcrouz
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #8108
by starcrouz
Hello from France was created by starcrouz
Hi,
I use YACreader and server in conjunction with ComickRack for scrapping. Mostly reading French/Belgian comics (BD). My collection is quite big (>40000).
The last years, I used a lot of different
- readers : Yac (Windows, iOS, Android), CDisplayEx (Windows), Cover (windows), Chunky (iOS), SideBooks (iOS), Manga viewer (iOS), Panels (iOS), Astonishing comic reader (Android), Perfect viewer (Android), Comic screen (Android)
- libraries managers : Yac (Windows), Ubooquity (Windows, web), Komga (Windows, web), AirComix (Windows, iOS, Android)
For me, the way my library is displayed, sorted and accessed remotely is the most important. I like to keep my reading status everywere. And to be able to read comics on my phone and tablets by downloading then. That is the reason why Komga, despite beeing a very good viewer of my library (with sorting and search and displaying all the scrapped data like title, summary, penciler...) is not for me (web viewer needs an internet connection all the time).
In YAC reader, I like the reading box by box (to read on my phone), the possibility to remove the white outline, the possibility to read by scrolling verticaly (the webtoon way)...
In YAC server, I like the simplicity of the UI, the possibility to view all the scrapped fields for each comic, the great simplicity of the sharing from my PC to my tablet or phone, the way of maintaining the reading status across apps and server, the way of syncing/downloading comics...
I would love to be able to sort my library (by date...) and to know how many comics are in it. And to have on the Android app, the same functionnalities as on the iOS version, in particular the downloading possibilily.
Thanks a lot Luis Ángel to gave us a so nice piece of software freely (for sure I made a donation).
I use YACreader and server in conjunction with ComickRack for scrapping. Mostly reading French/Belgian comics (BD). My collection is quite big (>40000).
The last years, I used a lot of different
- readers : Yac (Windows, iOS, Android), CDisplayEx (Windows), Cover (windows), Chunky (iOS), SideBooks (iOS), Manga viewer (iOS), Panels (iOS), Astonishing comic reader (Android), Perfect viewer (Android), Comic screen (Android)
- libraries managers : Yac (Windows), Ubooquity (Windows, web), Komga (Windows, web), AirComix (Windows, iOS, Android)
For me, the way my library is displayed, sorted and accessed remotely is the most important. I like to keep my reading status everywere. And to be able to read comics on my phone and tablets by downloading then. That is the reason why Komga, despite beeing a very good viewer of my library (with sorting and search and displaying all the scrapped data like title, summary, penciler...) is not for me (web viewer needs an internet connection all the time).
In YAC reader, I like the reading box by box (to read on my phone), the possibility to remove the white outline, the possibility to read by scrolling verticaly (the webtoon way)...
In YAC server, I like the simplicity of the UI, the possibility to view all the scrapped fields for each comic, the great simplicity of the sharing from my PC to my tablet or phone, the way of maintaining the reading status across apps and server, the way of syncing/downloading comics...
I would love to be able to sort my library (by date...) and to know how many comics are in it. And to have on the Android app, the same functionnalities as on the iOS version, in particular the downloading possibilily.
Thanks a lot Luis Ángel to gave us a so nice piece of software freely (for sure I made a donation).
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by starcrouz. Reason: typos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8109
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Hello from France
Welcome!
I am working on the Android app to add a local library so comics can be imported from YACReaderLibrary. It’s functional already but I need to figure out some things, so it is coming soon. There will be an update for all the platforms once everything is ready.
I am working on the Android app to add a local library so comics can be imported from YACReaderLibrary. It’s functional already but I need to figure out some things, so it is coming soon. There will be an update for all the platforms once everything is ready.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: starcrouz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel