Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Hello from France

Hello from France 3 months 1 week ago #8108

starcrouz

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I use YACreader and server in conjunction with ComickRack for scrapping. Mostly reading French/Belgian comics (BD). My collection is quite big (>40000).

The last years, I used a lot of different
- readers : Yac (Windows, iOS, Android), CDisplayEx (Windows), Cover (windows), Chunky (iOS), SideBooks (iOS), Manga viewer (iOS), Panels (iOS), Astonishing comic reader (Android), Perfect viewer (Android), Comic screen (Android)
- libraries managers : Yac (Windows), Ubooquity (Windows, web), Komga (Windows, web), AirComix (Windows, iOS, Android)

For me, the way my library is displayed, sorted and accessed remotely is the most important. I like to keep my reading status everywere. And to be able to read comics on my phone and tablets by downloading then. That is the reason why Komga, despite beeing a very good viewer of my library (with sorting and search and displaying all the scrapped data like title, summary, penciler...) is not for me (web viewer needs an internet connection all the time).

In YAC reader, I like the reading box by box (to read on my phone), the possibility to remove the white outline, the possibility to read by scrolling verticaly (the webtoon way)...

In YAC server, I like the simplicity of the UI, the possibility to view all the scrapped fields for each comic, the great simplicity of the sharing from my PC to my tablet or phone, the way of maintaining the reading status across apps and server, the way of syncing/downloading comics...

I would love to be able to sort my library (by date...) and to know how many comics are in it. And to have on the Android app, the same functionnalities as on the iOS version, in particular the downloading possibilily.

Thanks a lot Luis Ángel to gave us a so nice piece of software freely (for sure I made a donation).
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by starcrouz. Reason: typos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from France 3 months 1 week ago #8109

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome!

I am working on the Android app to add a local library so comics can be imported from YACReaderLibrary. It’s functional already but I need to figure out some things, so it is coming soon. There will be an update for all the platforms once everything is ready.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: starcrouz