Skip to content
YACReader
Welcome to the YACReader forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello and stupid question about Amazon Fire Tablet

  • Shirsch
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #8494 by Shirsch
Hi from Cary, North Carolina!

I probably have a stupid question…I am NOT tech savvy. I was initially able to install yacreader library on my laptop and remote into that library with my son’s small Amazon kid tablet.

However, I’m wanting to purchase and new larger Amazon Fire Tablet. Will the process work the same way? Ideally I’d like to be able to download the Yac library and Yac reader directly on the tablet (so I don’t need to connect to my laptop server), but it doesn’t sound like I can do that reading other posts. Also, if I have to connect to my laptop server, is there any way to do this if the laptop is either off or not connected to the internet?

Thanks and happy to join the group!

Shawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #8496 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Hello and stupid question about Amazon Fire Tablet
Hi,

You need YACReaderLibrary (or the non GUI version) running in a computer, a NAS, raspberry pi, etc…

The server can’t run on android.

I will add support for creating local libraries to the android app in the future but I can’t give you any ETA.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!