- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Welcome to the YACReader forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
YAYACReaderUser
- Chocwise
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1019
by Chocwise
YAYACReaderUser was created by Chocwise
Hello Luis and everyone else reading. 
I just discovered YACReader and promptly installed it after reading it's GPL licensed and available for Linux and Ubuntu specifically. Good readers are actually rare for Linux. There's Comix, but its library is pretty much non-existant. Also it's not in development any more since ages.
YACReader runs pretty smooth on my rather old hardware: Ubuntu 14.04., 2x2,2 GHz, Nvida GeForce 8600GT
Its library is also very nice. I was surprised how well it automatically scanned my folders.
Though there are a few features I miss for the library. I think I'll create a thread for my suggestions next if there isn't already one.
I'll also donate a few Euros. I can't give much, but I might add to it every now and then.
I just discovered YACReader and promptly installed it after reading it's GPL licensed and available for Linux and Ubuntu specifically. Good readers are actually rare for Linux. There's Comix, but its library is pretty much non-existant. Also it's not in development any more since ages.
YACReader runs pretty smooth on my rather old hardware: Ubuntu 14.04., 2x2,2 GHz, Nvida GeForce 8600GT
Its library is also very nice. I was surprised how well it automatically scanned my folders.
Though there are a few features I miss for the library. I think I'll create a thread for my suggestions next if there isn't already one.
I'll also donate a few Euros. I can't give much, but I might add to it every now and then.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Chocwise. Reason: Fixing typo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 8 months ago #1025
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YAYACReaderUser
Welcome Chocwise!
It's nice to see a fellow Linux user who also likes to read comics. Funny that you should mention Comix, I used to read my comics with that one and it's fork mcomix that's still in development for quite some time.
YACReader's strenght is that it's very intuitive to use and has a very nice performance compared to *comix, especially with large files.
It's nice to see a fellow Linux user who also likes to read comics. Funny that you should mention Comix, I used to read my comics with that one and it's fork mcomix that's still in development for quite some time.
YACReader's strenght is that it's very intuitive to use and has a very nice performance compared to *comix, especially with large files.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Chocwise
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #1028
by Chocwise
Replied by Chocwise on topic YAYACReaderUser
What I noticed, is that YACReader encourages you to virtually grab a book and actually start reading. You browse through the library and see all the nice covers. It reminds you of stuff that you don't really realise you had, when you just used the folder view of your file browser.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 8 months ago #1038
by Luis Ángel
That is the idea
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YAYACReaderUser
Chocwise wrote: What I noticed, is that YACReader encourages you to virtually grab a book and actually start reading. You browse through the library and see all the nice covers. It reminds you of stuff that you don't really realise you had, when you just used the folder view of your file browser.
That is the idea
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel