Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: How do I create and import a library on an M1 Ipad

How do I create and import a library on an M1 Ipad 10 months 2 weeks ago #7621

dmaker

Fresh Boarder

I just purchased an ipad air, but can't seem to figure out how to import/create a library. I purchased the Yac app from the app store and installed it, but when I try to import, I browse to the external ssd connected via USBC, but then nothing happens after browsing and pointing to my root comic folder. The app just kind of hangs for a bit.

Can I not just browse to a root folder and have it import everything under that folder?

I'm a bit puzzled as I have been a long time Yac user on both Windows and Macbook, but it seems like it behaves differently on an ipad?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do I create and import a library on an M1 Ipad 10 months 2 weeks ago #7622

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

Yes, it behaves differently, I plan on adding support for YACReaderLibrary libraries in the future. If you use the app on macos and windows my recommendation is to pair the iOS app with YACReaderLibrary and import from there, or browse and read remotely.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

How do I create and import a library on an M1 Ipad 10 months 4 days ago #7636

dmaker

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the response. I ended up returning the ipad for this reason. Reading remotely is simply not an option for me all the time. I do a significant chunk of my comic reading at the cottage while sitting by the campfire and stuff. I don't have very good Internet there.

I can't use a comic book app that won't let me read directly from an sdcard or some other sort of media attached to a small hub or something.

Sadly, this also precludes me from using Yac on Android as it does not seem to build a local library either, but at least Android tablets let me browse comics on an sdcard if I use a different app. Can't even do that with an ipad.

How do I create and import a library on an M1 Ipad 10 months 4 days ago #7637

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

There is always the option of importing what you want to read on your device, but yeah, for now it means using the internal storage of the iOS device.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\