Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: No-gui Patch Errors

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1983

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

So I'm feeling a bit adventurous and decided to try compiling and running YACReaderLibrary with the --no-gui option.

I was able to compile the YACReader Default branch in the 'selmf' repo, so I think i am doing stuff correctly (i hope).

What I can't seem to do is compile the 8.0.0-experimental-no-gui-support branch.

Everytime i try to runing qmake CONFIG+=unarr it keeps whining about

Project ERROR: You'll need 7zip source code to compile YACReader. Please check the compressed_archive folder for further instructions.

The same error shows up when running a 'make', so i'm at a loss.

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake CONFIG+=unarr -o Makefile YACReaderLibrary.pro
Project ERROR: You'll need 7zip source code to compile YACReader. Please check the compressed_archive folder for further instructions.
make: *** [Makefile] Error 3

I have added the source code in there, just to make it happy, but it still wont run. Any hints?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1984

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

This was an error on my part, typo on the directory

Running into a new error though that could use some help with when trying to compile the no-gui branch
../common/gl/yacreader_flow_gl.h:10:25: fatal error: QOpenGLWidget: No such file or directory
 #include <QOpenGLWidget>

From everything I can see, I have all the libgl1-mesa-dev stuff installed ?
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by to0nman.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1988

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi toonman,

that patch was an early experiment for testing if running the server without a gui was possible at all. There's a better option available right now - the current development version from Luis.

bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader

Get the code from there, go to the "YACReaderLibrary" and run "qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro [Options]" followed by "make". The build system still has some rough edges, so be prepared for a little trouble ;)

The recommended usage for now is along YACReaderLibrary, i.e. you use YACReaderLibrary to create libraries and such and the server to serve them, but a rudementary commandline interface is available. Luis probably will be happy to have one more person testing this :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by selmf.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1989

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

Cool thanks, I thought as much.

I'll give that a go.

How do I run the 'server'? Just use "YACReaderLibraryServer"?
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by to0nman.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1990

selmf

Developer

After compilation there will be a binary called YACReaderLibraryServer present. If you already use YACReaderLibrary on that system all you have to do is run

"./YACReaderLibraryServer start"

from that folder. Since the build system isn't finalized (this is something I have to do since I'm the guy providing the packages for ArchLinux and Ubuntu/Debian/Mint) I can't recommend running "make install" for now, it is currently only a template Luis created from YACReaderLibrary. The headless version also has some commands for creating, removing and updating libraries. For a complete list, run

"./YACReaderLibraryServer -h".

Don't forget to give Luis feedback ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1991

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

Thats awesome! Works great and exactly what I am looking for.

Any hints for how I can run this as some sort of 'process' job (I'm only just cutting my teeth with a lot of things on linux, so not too sure how to turn this binary into a background process?)

Wheres the best place to give feedback (i'll log any issues I find on bitbucket)

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1992

selmf

Developer

Hi,

turning this (or anything else) in a background process is easy - just add a "&" behind the command:

"YACReaderLibraryServer start &"

Another option is to press "ctrl+z" while the program is running and type "bg 1" in the terminal. Ctrl+z temporarily halts the execution of the server and the "bg" command moves the first job on the terminal into background for execution. You can also use "fg 1", this will move it into the foreground. And since you're learning Linux - use "Ctrl + c" for exiting YACReaderLibraryServer while in foreground, "killall YACReaderLibraryServer" for killing the background process.

You can give Luis feedback per email, here in the forum or per bitbucket. For our two man developer team we use Slack (slack.com/), ask Luis for access if you want a more "direct" discussion of features and/or problems.

As I myself can only give the server part of YAC* a very rudimentary testing (I don't own any Apple products) someone who actually uses Linux and the server actively and is smart enough to compile the development versions really would be a great help for Luis and me in testing this ;)

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1994

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

Ahh yeh, too easy, thanks!

I'm definitely happy to keep assisting with the testing, the product is good.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1995

carmat06

Fresh Boarder

I'm going to give this a go too. I'm getting an error in the initial qmake I could use some help with. I downloaded the unarr source from here: github.com/zeniko/unarr and placed the unarchived folder unarr-master in yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr.

When I ran "qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro" the error I get is
WARNING: Failure to find: ../compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-master/lzmasdk/Types.h

and sure enough in the indicated folder there is no Types.h, however there is a 7zTypes.h.

Any idea on where to go next?

btw,
I'm running on a up to date linux mint system and I currently have the YACReader version 8 installed via the back ported repo selmf provided.

No-gui Patch Errors 8 years 3 months ago #1996

to0nman

Fresh Boarder

I got that warning also carmat.

I just proceeded with a 'make' and then ran 'YACReaderLibraryServer start' from the YACReaderLibrary folder and it worked.
  • Page: