- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
YACReader Library best practice?
- comicventures
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 7 months ago #414
by comicventures
YACReader Library best practice? was created by comicventures
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I have a specific question.
I have a large collection, and I am curious if it is better to split the library up into multiple libaries, or if just keep everything in a single library will scale.
What does everyone do? Do you split up into multiples based on publisher? series? Or do you just put everything into a single library?
I was just curious - everything is working wonderfully now and I don't have any complaints at all so far (new user as of today!)
Thanks,
CV
I have a large collection, and I am curious if it is better to split the library up into multiple libaries, or if just keep everything in a single library will scale.
What does everyone do? Do you split up into multiples based on publisher? series? Or do you just put everything into a single library?
I was just curious - everything is working wonderfully now and I don't have any complaints at all so far (new user as of today!)
Thanks,
CV
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 7 months ago #415
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library best practice?
Welcome to the forum!
I didn't conceived YACReaderLibrary for managing several libraries.
I only have 3 libraries:
I hope you will enjoy YACReader
I didn't conceived YACReaderLibrary for managing several libraries.
I only have 3 libraries:
- My main library with all my comics. I use folders and subfolders for publishers/series. Do not worry about scalability, you can manage several Gb of comics without issues.
- A second library for golder era comics
- And a third library for comics to be classified
I hope you will enjoy YACReader
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plbp15
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
12 years 4 months ago #471
by plbp15
Replied by plbp15 on topic YACReader Library best practice?
Hey there.
I have divided my library into 7 folders, and in those i have my folders and subfolders, i prefer not to have one main library with lots and lots of subfolders, since the interface to navigate through the folders can make you a bit lost.
Im sharing a print screen of my libraries, and my marvel timeline (that im very proud of btw
)
I have divided my library into 7 folders, and in those i have my folders and subfolders, i prefer not to have one main library with lots and lots of subfolders, since the interface to navigate through the folders can make you a bit lost.
Im sharing a print screen of my libraries, and my marvel timeline (that im very proud of btw
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ryanbtw
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #480
by Ryanbtw
Replied by Ryanbtw on topic YACReader Library best practice?
That is impressive. Mine is pretty poor since I just started downloading comics (I buy them if I enjoy them!), and I mostly download DC comics. I'm reading a bunch of Marvel stuff now, though. No time to get started like the present.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pjckmen
- Offline
- New Member
-
11 years 11 months ago #795
by pjckmen
nice today
Replied by pjckmen on topic YACReader Library best practice?
I personally think your article is awesome! I am intrigued with much of your information and am persuaded to agree with you after reading your material. I'm hoping you'll add more articles on this topic.
nice today
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plbp15
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
11 years 11 months ago #797
by plbp15
Replied by plbp15 on topic YACReader Library best practice?
What do you need? just ask....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel