Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

  • Shad0reavR
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #3644 by Shad0reavR
Trying to import a comic on my iPad is hanging or failing without completing the copy. On my iPad, I select a comic from my library and click 'import.' Sometimes the status will go from 'import' to 'importing' and hang in that state for over an hour without throwing any exception or completing the copy. Other times the status will go from 'import' to 'importing' and back to 'import' without exception or completing the copy. This started one day and I haven't been able to successfully import anything since. Haven't been able to identify anything that changed.

Here's a brief description of my current setup. My iPad is connecting via wireless network to the main instance of YAC on my laptop, which is running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. My library on that main instance is pointed to an external hard drive which holds all of the files in my library.

I've noticed that sometimes the laptop instance crashes when I try to access the library from the iPad. This is very intermittent and I haven't been able to identify a pattern nor capture any error messages. Is there a log for the macOS/iOS version of YAC? I haven't been able to locate one.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3647 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
For some reason using an external hard drive or a NAS in macos causes this kind of behavior. I couldn't replicate at all in my setup. Thank you very much for the detailed description of the problem, as soon as I will be able to replicate this I will release a fix.

Could you try to create a test library in your internal hard disk and see if you can replicate the problem?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Shad0reavR
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #3648 by Shad0reavR
Replied by Shad0reavR on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I just created a test library (six files) pointed to a folder on my desktop. When trying to import from my iPad, I experience the same indefinite hanging. Any logs you would want me to pull?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3651 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
What version of YACReader are you using? Could you test the 9.0 rc? www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...-0?limitstart=0#3337

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Shad0reavR
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #3652 by Shad0reavR
Replied by Shad0reavR on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
What's the easiest way to check current version? It isn't displayed in the normal places.

I'll try installing and trying to replicate on the 9.0 RC. Stay tuned!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3653 by selmf
Click the question mark ("?") and look into the "about" section. Lots of outdated info there, but the version is usually accurate :cheer:

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3662 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
I have been experiencing similar problems for some time now with no solution in sight. I have moved all of my files to a separate external drive and rebuilt the library. That did not work. I created a test folder on my main drive and still received the import error message. This is beyond frustrating since I obviously want this to work. Otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it.

Any ideas...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3663 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

Pfantom wrote: I have been experiencing similar problems for some time now with no solution in sight. I have moved all of my files to a separate external drive and rebuilt the library. That did not work. I created a test folder on my main drive and still received the import error message. This is beyond frustrating since I obviously want this to work. Otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it.

Any ideas...?


Did you try with yacreader 9.0? www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...-0?limitstart=0#3337

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3664 by Pfantom
Replied by Pfantom on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)
This has been going on since October of last year. Yes, I have tried 9.0. I have also tried three different free comic book readers and all three were able to import and display the same comics that I cannot get YACReader to import. I can read them in the YACReader Library, but that is the extent of my ability to do anything productive with them. Since I have no plans to carry my iMac around, I would really like to solve this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3665 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

Pfantom wrote: This has been going on since October of last year. Yes, I have tried 9.0. I have also tried three different free comic book readers and all three were able to import and display the same comics that I cannot get YACReader to import. I can read them in the YACReader Library, but that is the extent of my ability to do anything productive with them. Since I have no plans to carry my iMac around, I would really like to solve this issue.


Could you send some of those comics? Use the contact section in this web, I will try to import them and seem what is going on...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!